Ordering food from a machine

Thank you, @henddraig, @tatjana :sunny:
I’ll do my best to remember:) (singing is not one of my talents)

Neither is mine … but anyway. :slight_smile:

And you’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @tatjana!!! To @seren You’ll be naturalised before you even get to Cymru at this rate!!!
p.s. It’s odd, I’ve always thought of ‘gwlad = country’ although it does also mean ‘nation’! Country seems to include the actual soil and heart, to me!!

1 Like

I’ll set up a Welsh colony somewhere here:)

3 Likes

I love this one. It made my day … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Join me - we can do it together.:slight_smile: I will be in charge of the education, and you - of motivating and kindly supporting our new colonists.

1 Like

Thanks for invitation! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did point out to you that there is already one in Ukraine! Well, I think (Hughesovska)Donetsk is still in Ukraine (Russia seem keen to get bits back.) I know its a long time since John Hughes founded it, but I guess there could still be a family left with a faint knowledge of Cymraeg!!

I happen to know some people from there (South-East) and I think they are now considering themselves as a separate state, not Ukraine and certainly not Russia. I need to ask whether someone can speak Welsh, though, would be lovely:)

1 Like

If only everyone could have a land that is theirs without a load of wars and bitterness and trouble. I think of the Kurds, now labelled as bombers by Turkey, and some may well be so, but if they were allowed just a little bit of Kurdistan as their country, their homeland, where their hen iaith was the language…maybe peace would reign between them and their various conquerors?
We have a land, the language is, at least, now legal and we could have a proper Government if we dared, but until the Scots dare, I doubt Cymru will!!!.

My neighbours are from Kurdistan. Lovely people. Working hard to made their way. The youngest would like to be an optician and already has an idea to help some of her future clients. They are all doing something. The Lord only knows how things will turn out for Kurds, but I quite like Bob Marleys reference to “World Citizenship” in his song " War". But as he says, it’s a goal to “be pursued, but never attained”, until equality really exists. The human blueprint needs to change for that to become a reality…

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn for this. I have never actually met any Kurdish people. My feelings are simply fellow feelings for others whose language was made illegal in their own (conquered) homeland. They get a bit of autonomy here and there, when convenient for yet another invader (e.g. USA and UK in Iraqi Kurdistan). Big nations draw lines and nobody ever cares a hoot about them!! I believe Saddam Hussein dropped nerve gas on them! At least when Y Gymru were fighting for land and language nobody had invented weapons of mass destruction!!
Gets down from soap box again! :sob:

1 Like

It’s great you mentioned that. There’s no hostility know, all the smoke settled and all the folks speak Russian in Ukraine. Last time I had been there, I found a great language school for learning Russian. A few years ago it was way beyond any common sense limits. Check it http://learn-russian.kiev.ua/

Fight for the right to parler :wink:

2 Likes

Incidentally, we have the option to choose “Cymraeg” in McDonald’s here in England too. I helpfully left the language selected to Cymraeg for the next person, in the hope they may be so intrigued as to start learning.

1 Like

Good move

Nice!

I hardly ever frequent Maccy D’s these days, but I was quite chuffed to see the Welsh option week before last…

How about Parley?
Especially if you put your hat on backwards, pull your jeans down a bit and use your best Beastie Boys accent.

Or give it the POTB treatment?
Parlay…