Online Bootcamp?

Hi Aran,

When you say you’ll get a reminder to do “one new session” each day, are there bootcamp specific sessions, or are you referring to regular lessons?

With the daily challenges, will these involve going outside and talking with people in Welsh? What if you live in a completely non-Welsh speaking area?

I am cautiously interested, but I’m wondering what would be the benefit above just keeping on and carrying on with the regular lessons.

Diolch,

Joanie

Just as with the real Bootcamps, there’s nothing magic in the mix that you couldn’t build for yourself - it’s just about helping nudge you in the direction of the things that work best…:smile:

No, these aren’t separate lessons - it’s a case of starting with a new one, and then following the (maybe not your usual pattern) instructions for working through them.

The challenges will work whether or not you’re in a Welsh-speaking area (although it’s always the case that you can get more mileage with anything in a Welsh-speaking area - but these are specifically designed with our many international students firmly in mind…:smile: ).

The Bootcamp won’t be a magic wand, and anyone who is happy with how they’re getting on certainly shouldn’t feel under any pressure to do one. But if you think a little intensity might help you step up your game, it might work for you.

But do bear in mind - if you do one, and you don’t feel glad that you did it, I would really, really want you to let me know, and it’s just one click to refund you…:smile:

Thanks for the response, Aran. I’m looking forward to reading about how others make out for now. I’ve finished all the courses, so there wouldn’t be any new lessons to try out with the new techniques. Sounds like a very cool idea, even more so if/when a social integration portion is added in. :slight_smile:

Ah, if you’re up-to-date with all the lessons, then this definitely isn’t for you - as a genuine Welsh speaker, you just need interaction.

From the feedback, I’m starting to think that a two day set up with a balance between sessions and group interaction may be a good next step - at the moment, it’d have to be limited numbers, because there’s no way for us to automate the process, but I might run some trial weekends in the next couple of months…:smile:

This has been a very useful thread. I’m intrigued by the online bootcamps. I’m on lesson 12 of course one and could do with a bit more of a push!

It sounds as though they could be a good match for you, then, Matthew - did you get the email?

Hey joanie, don’t you have a non-virtual Bootcamp experience coming up in about two weeks…?

Hi Aran, I got the email and all my questions have been answered on the forum! Gosh, this is such a great learning experience. I will be attending the meet ups in Cardiff now that I feel more confident with the language.

Lol Diane, yes, but I was intrigued by the idea of back-to-back bootcamps!

Hi Aran, I got the email and all my questions have been answered on the forum! Gosh, this is such a great learning experience. I will be attending the meet ups in Cardiff now that I feel more confident with the language.

Excellent! The meets ups will definitely be invaluable…:star: