Old Course 3, Lesson 25

Hello from St Louis,
Well, after what seems like an eternity, I have finally made it to Lesson 25 in Old Course 3. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I hit the final minute of the lesson. Would someone take pity on me and provide me a translation of the final goodbye sentences that begin at about 27.47 (53 seconds remaining)? I’ve listened to this section over and over, and while I can get the general meaning of the sentences, it would mean a lot to me to be able to properly understand all of the words.
Thanks so much for all your help though this course. I’m on to the new course now!
Del

2 Likes

I think that it goes something like this. (Southern version.)

"Did I catch you out with that last one? We need to keep you on your toes that’s all. Congratulations on gaining Welsh as a real part of your life. Come and celebrate your success on the forum, because I want to hear from you, and to congratulate you face to face. Well, face to face on the forum, you understand what I mean. Well, it has been a privilege to have been a part of your journey to Welsh. Thank you from the heart. Now then, you need to be on the forum to hear what happens next, don’t you? We’ll see you there. Bye for now. "

Good luck with the new course. I think it’s better, though there is a lot of useful material in the old course.
Sue

2 Likes

Thank you so much Sue! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. I just listened to the passage again while reading your translation, and it just all fell into place. I feel so fortunate to have such kind and helpful people like yourself to call on when I hit a rough patch on my road to learning this beautiful language. Diolch eto. Del

2 Likes

It was useful for me too, @stlouislearner, because I had to really listen and not just let it wash past me while vaguely getting the gist. So, thank you for asking!
Sue

2 Likes

So, nothing about a ginger cat? :cat:

I must have missed that bit.

1 Like