Nursery rhymes and simple songs

Okay, working on the basis that the best way to learn something is to use it, I will post a question on the new forum. :slight_smile:

I am looking for ideas for simple songs and rhymes to use with my Welsh learners. I know heads, shoulders knees and toes in Welsh butā€¦thatā€™s it. Any suggestions for CDs? Lyrics?

Thatā€™s a good basisā€¦:slight_smile:

You might want to try getting in touch with Twf - they do lots of CDs for kids, and Iā€™m sure you could convince them that your learners have got some kidsā€¦:slight_smile:

I recorded a series of simple songs for our local school when Ioan was in reception. You can get them by going to:

www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com/hwiangerddi/5CywMelyn.mp3

and similarly,

CanBrwsioDannedd.mp3
CanDyddGwylDewi.mp3
Carlo.mp3
Crempog.mp3
DauGiBach.mp3
HenoHeno.mp3
HumptyDumpty.mp3
MyndDrotDrot.mp3
PwyWnaethySer.mp3
SosbanFach.mp3
SulyMamau.mp3
YNos.mp3
YTeimladHapus.mp3

Hope some of them are useful. Iā€™m not sure what words are available, but if thereā€™s stuff you can;t quite get, I can always help!

Great! Thanks. Twf looks great and so do the ones you recorded Iestyn. Iā€™ll do some work on it. :slight_smile:

How do I access the other links Iestyn? I can only seem to get cywmelyn which is great! I want them all. :slight_smile:

If you take the base of the link, which is:

www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com/hwiangerddi/

and then just add the other ones to it, so for example:

www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com/hwiangerddi/CanBrwsioDannedd.mp3

you should be fine - but be careful, copy&paste may be your best best, because if you get a different pattern of capitalisation they wonā€™t workā€¦:slight_smile:

Some links to songs Iā€™ve just seen in todays Walesonline, Elizabeth.

Oh, this is great!! Iā€™m so glad you asked this question, Elizabeth !! Iā€™ll use these, as well.

I found some on swansea.gov.org site, good luck

Thanks for those links pawb! They are great.

I was trying to copy the first part of the link only Aran and hoping to find the whole thread and book mark it. But it kept bringing me back to the main page. Iā€™m away at the moment - with only a tablet and no wireless. Iā€™ll sort it out when I get home from holidays.

Thanks everyone for taking the time.

The new forum seems fine to me. :slight_smile:

I recorded a series of simple songs for our local school when Ioan was in reception.

Diolch yn fawr iawn for these Iestyn! There are a couple there that I remember being taught when I was ifanc iawn, so will be using these to try and re-learn them.

On that subject, does anyone know the lyrics for what I think is called ā€˜TrĆŖn Bach yr Wyddfaā€™? I was taught it when I was about 5 yrs old, and apart from remembering the first line: ā€œDewch ar y trĆŖn bachā€¦ā€, the rest is a blur. Have managed to find a recording of it, but I canā€™t make out the words.