Now LIVE: 'Some Sex and a Hill - or How To Learn Welsh in 3 Easy Pints' by Aran Jones

Looks like it’s on both US and UK. Erm I think I just pressed buy so so much for Tuesday… Oops.

Could be with “buy” you just pre-ordered it or not? I didn’t go to search for it yet so I couldn’t possibly know. :slight_smile: Will stick to Tuesday. :slight_smile:

I’m intrigued by the book title. Did @aran try ordering some sex and a hill in a pub?

Let us be surprised … :slight_smile:

The only problem for me will be waiting till next Tuesday! It seems so far away now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It doesn’t look like a pre order.

Muttermuttermutter… okay, so thanks to you overeagerbeavers I’ve had to fiddle around with settings (which will probably end up meaning that Amazon don’t re-accept it in time for Tuesday!) - such dreadfully naughty behaviour…:wink:

dw i’n cytuno. efallai ddylwn i wedi dweud “sarcasm” achos dw i’n credu bod rhywbeth yn teimlo’n anghywir am y peth hefyd.

(Intended to say : I agree, perhaps I should have said “sarcasm” because I believe something feels incorrect about this thing as well)

Yes, Aran, please make sure it’s available internationally. I want to buy it, too.

2 Likes

Where did you find it for US? I searched and couldn’t find it.

I think you can’t now anymore. Read this:

:slight_smile:

I’m excited about this! I was wanting a new book to read.

1 Like

yup, me too. Perhaps @aran would kindly provide a clarion call in capital letters on Tuesday morning to remind us!
…or would that be considered ‘blowing his own trumpet’? :smiley: :wink:

2 Likes

If the forum and a mention in the email count, then it’ll be trumpets all the way…:wink:

To the best of my knowledge, since we have global rights, it will automagically be available in whatever local flavour of Amazon/Kindle you use (including US and Australia and so on)…:slight_smile:

1 Like

@hectorgrey @Toffidil There are a couple of Welsh threads floating around (Be dach chi’n gwneud rwan? is one worth checking out) for people who want to be practising/using their written Welsh - otherwise, we try to keep everything in English, so that the forum is as immediately welcoming and friendly as possible for very new learners, or even people who are still at the point of considering learning… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, sorry. Will edit my posts with English translation.

2 Likes

ditto to the reply by hectorgrey. Won’t happen again.

2 Likes

Diolch, much appreciated… :slight_smile:

Ditto to the diolch…:wink:

[It’s always been a tricky line for us to walk - of course we’re delighted to see people whose confidence is growing, and who want to use Welsh at every opportunity - and since we’re the originators of the ‘English Not’ on bootcamps, it seems inconsistent to be ‘Only English!’ at other times and places - but over the years we’ve become convinced that it’s a HUGE part of what lets everyone become a part of the community - and what lets early learners get to know more advanced learners, which doesn’t often happen in traditional courses…:)]

2 Likes

Helo @aran Yes it seems my e-mail problem is fixed!
Now - while you are on Forum etiquette (good French word, no English, Welsh?), I frequently use little snippets like ‘mae’n ddrwg gen i’, lwc dda… I presume these are OK?
Re-Sex and a Hill, does this fiddling you had to do mean we may not be able to buy on Tuesday after all? I am still sorting out with Janet to make my kindle mine, not a subset of hers, but if Tuesday isn’t the day after all, please let us know!!