Not remembering things in level 2

I just finished challenge 18. I’m working through the challenges quite well but it seems things I’ve learnt and know are cropping up often but things from a few challenges ago are not and I’m not remembering them. I’m going to write down the course notes now and see if that helps, maybe go over a few challenges before I move on.

Level 2 has been quite tricky but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m working through them slower than level one or whether there’s more content in these challenges. I feel like I’m going backwards not forwards, christmas at work did not help and I still feel like I’m not getting further even though its been a few weeks. I think I don’t need to redo a challenge but then I don’t remember things I’ve learnt when they crop up.

Any advice? Other than revise the previous challenges? Diolch.

Update: figured out that the vocab I’m forgetting is in lessons 15 and 17. 15 I’ve not redone but 17 I have. So at least I know where I am

While doing the challenges I noticed that some words just didn’t stick.
But I don’t have enough patience to do challenges again, so I just moved on.
Some took just a couple of weeks, others more, some I still can’t remember!

However I’ve also realized it doesn’t really affect the ability to understand, or have a conversation.
So from my experience, I wouldn’t worry too much and would just go on, and maybe come back in a while.

p.s. since you mention specific lessons, I went to have a look at the vocabulary lists. I remember clearly how often I went like “O’n i’n meddwl i ti ddweud…[silence] [brain melting] [mumble] …o risg!” :sweat_smile:
And since I kept a diary I can report what I noted “Well if it’s true that all we need is getting 50% right…I’m doing great!” :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face: You’ve eased my worries there. I didn’t think of it like that, how it would effect a conversation.

1 Like

I keep the voc.lists handy whilst going through the challenges…It really helps to understand the course. Interestingly when you’re feeling a little down sometimes because of anything…when I go back to the challenges your mood doesn’t seem to make any difference to learning…which proves the brain doesn’t have feelings…which makes me feel like a robot in a good way …I have finished Level 1 - 3 and now I’m racing over Level 3 again and surprisingly I’m learning such a lot more…I do realize that to be a welsh speaker one has to have the welsh on the tip of ones tongue
I will certainly go through Level 2 again and also Level 1 Challenge 25 which is recommended every so often…I should go through a Level every week I think…Im very happy with my progress and now welsh seems to pop up to my brain when I watch my soaps Pool Y Cwm and Rownd a Round and also which I think is very useful to listen to is Post Cyntaf the early news program on Radio Cymru but of course I record it and listen to it at my leisure more like a background welsh ( All kinds of interviews etc )
I know Ive got a lot of work to do to fully digest Levels 1 - 3 but I going for it and see what happens

2 Likes

Completely forgot about re-doing level 1.challenge 25. Once I’ve finished level 3 I’ll go over things again. I used to look at the vocab lists but didn’t keep up with writing them all down

1 Like

Just take a picture of them with your mobile phone

1 Like

What you could do Jen is zoom the vocabulary up on your desk top or laptop and whilst you’re doing your exercises you could go over the voc…or you could be listening to music and have some fun ….I think I will listen to my favorite music study the vocabulary
Having fun whilst studying

1 Like