Noson Lawen in Penarth

There will be a fun night of singing Welsh traditional songs in the Windsor Tafarn in Penarth on Friday 26th September starting at 7:30.
They will have someone playing a guitar and songsheets available with all the words and there will be quite a few from ‘Clonc yn y Cwtsh’, the group of Welsh learners at all levels that get together at Chapter on Monday nights.

Everyone is welcome and it’s free to get in.

Dee, is that something that happens regularly during the course of the year? We are planning to be in Wales in summer of 2015, probably late July into early August, and would like to catch events of this sort if we can find out about them ahead of time to work into our itinerary. Thanks very much.

Hi Morgan! There certainly are regular events around the place, including in the Windsor, Penarth. If you know whereabouts you are going in Wales, you could have a look on the Menter Iaith website for the particular area as they tend to organise a lot of different events. I’m on the mailing list for Menter Caerffili and Menter Caerdydd so I keep an eye on those and post here on the forum when I see something that looks useful for learners. There is also the list of regular SSiW meetups at the end of the weekly email. It would be great if you could join in with a few of those.