Normal Speed Listening Practices....please

Whilst I can pick out many of the words in the high speed listening practice, nothing whatsoever is sinking as my brain can’t comprehend that fast. I doubt I would be able to understand even if they were in English. I think it would be really helpful to be able to listen to them at normal speed as I really feel I need to get more practice at comprehending spoken Welsh

R

Helo Richard,

There is sound educational research behind the double-speed listening technique. If you type “double speed” into the Search box (click on the magnifying glass above) you’ll be able to read some of the discussion about it. If you persevere with it, you will definitely benefit and be able to comprehend normal speed spoken Welsh more easily.

4 Likes

Richard, I’m i Carmarthenshire, and I too feel like I should understand more spoken welsh!
This is about my third time at going through the ssiw lessons and I’m back at lesson 25 again working my through!
June

the high speed makes me feel on edge and anxious! :rofl:

Just think about it as being like birdsong - relax and let it flow over you - it’s doing the perfect work for your brain, and all you have to do is keep your attention lightly on the stream of sound. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thanks Aran. I am probably concentrating too much on it. Will give that a go

1 Like

So Aran, I think you are saying that we don’t need to be able to comprehend the message. Just let the words sink in. Am I right?

R

1 Like

Yes, that’s the trick. It may not feel as if there’s a point to doing it that way, but it really is beneficial - though you’ll only see that benefit later on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes - sorry, Richard, didn’t see this - but what Siaron said :slight_smile:

1 Like