Non-SSIW meetups/bore coffi/Clwb Clonc

Shwmae pawb :slight_smile:

I remember seeing a while back that there was a Clwb Clonc event that strated in event in Monmouth on Fridays, but I don’t know if it is still going, does anyone know about this event?

I was also wondering if anyone knew how to access the calendar with all the Bore Coffi events that the Gwent Welsh for Adults centre organises, I remember someone showing me before, but my laptop was wiped, losing my bookmarks etc.

Diolch

Hi Flynn,there was a site called Y Bont not sure it still exists. Look for informal learning on there.
Hwyl Dave

2 Likes

Try ringing the centre. Phone number on the front of catalogue.

2 Likes

Diolch pawb

I checked ‘Y bont’ but unfortunately it says the ‘Calendr Dysgu Anffurfiol’ is not ar gael, maybe it will be up and running again after Classes start again in the coming weeks.

I think I will call the centre as suggested, and find out about these informal sessions, thank you for all the help :slight_smile:

Hello Flynn

Coleg Gwent organises some coffee mornings/informal discussions in Monmouthshire (Gwent). Helen Young is the person to speak to in the Welsh for Adults Centre in Pontypŵl.
There are a number of informal gatherings around the county which are not under the control of Coleg Gwent, in Chepstow, Caldicot, Monmouth, Abergavenny, Raglan and there may be others.

1 Like

Hey @llanddinol I meant to give the centre a call but forgot to in the end, will try and remember tomorrow when they are open. Do you know about any of these other informal groups that are not SSIW or Goleg Gwent, as the area around Monmouth seems to have few events I can find.

I have moved back to just outside Monmouth, and hope to see you at the next Casgwent meetup if you’ll be there? Not sure if I will be able to make the Casnewydd one, logistically it is harder for me

Flynn

Hello Flynn

Where do you live now and what day(s) and time(s) are most convenient for you?

There is a Welsh Society in Monmouth with a web site.
I believe they have informal gatherings in the Kings Head near the Town Hall but I do not know when.
They hold a reading group every other Thursday afternoon in the library.

A tutor with Coleg Gwennt held an afternoon chat group after his class finished on a Friday.

There is an informal meeting in the Beaufort, Raglan every Tuesday morning 10.30 - 12.00 approx.

There is a more formal meeting in the Fellowship Centre, Raglan every Friday morning, 9.30 - 11.30. This is one of the Coleg Gwent meetings.

As far as I know there is nothing else in the Monmouth area. If you can get to it, there is an SSiW group in Malvern.

1 Like

Diolch

I found the website, and it appears there are a load of activities in the area, fantastic, thanks a lot, think I may attend one from 10am - 12pm tomorrow :slight_smile:

I have been to the group in Malvern on several occasions, it has been great, but unfortunately quite far away. Unfortunately there seems to be a general lack of weekend or evening meetups, when I am most free.

I have moved to Orcop, which is just off the Hereford to Monmouth road, just into Hereford, but probably closer to Monmouth than Hereford, though roughly in the middle.

Hello Flynn

I received an email from you via SSiW but I am not sure how to access it to answer.

The meetings in Raglan on Friday are in the Fellowship Centre 9.30 - 11,30

This is the website in connection with the Welsh Society in Chepstow - cymgymcasgwent.weebly.com

1 Like

Hi

It seems you have accessed it fine, it was just a message here, but they send you an email to let you know I think, not me directly.

I am not sure which pieces of information are correct on the Monmouth Welsh Society website, for example it says the King’s Head meetup starts at roughly 7:30 pm, but I remember seeing something about a 3-4 pm event, so I have sent a message to contact email address, do you know anything about the King’s Head group?

Thanks for the link, shame they only meet once a month, but still looks interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not know anything about the meetings in Monmouth unfortunately. Robin Davies is the person to contact as he organises things in the area.

1 Like

S’mae pawb
Mae wetherspoons ar gau ar hyn o bryd!
Dw i’n edrych ymlaen i glywed o Helen Young neu Antonio Morgan.
Cofion, Charles

S’mae pawb
Mae wetherspoons ar gau ar hyn o bryd!
Dw i’n edrych ymlaen i glywed o Helen Young neu Antonio Morgan.
Cofion, Charles

1 Like

Hi Charles

Which wetherspoons is closed at the moment? There’s several local meetups that take place in wetherspoons

James

1 Like

S’mae
As advised by Helen Young, Monmouth Wetherspoons closed, and Friday afternoon sessions with Anthoni cancelled until further notice.
Cofion, Charles

1 Like

Thanks for the update, Charles.

Please let me know of any other updates like this so that I can update the list I’ve been maintaining at http://chat.cymru

Diolch

1 Like

Hi James, I think pontywaun meeting is no more. I’ll verify by Saturday morning
Dave.

1 Like