Next step from Lingo Newydd

I’m finding that I’m reading Lingo Newydd fairly easily now, so I was thinking about subscribing to either Golwg or Barn.

Any recommendations or comments , please?

Diolch.

1 Like

No recommendations from me but, as I’ve said before, if you can read then read everything you can get your hands on.

A subscription to Golwg may be a bit much purely because it’s a lot to read in a week before the next one arrives (I don’t know how often Barn comes out) but, I guess, why not? Maybe get yourself some “Stori Sydyn” books that are quite often priced at a pound and are usually a very good read.

Only you know your reading standard so go for it, push yourself, but don’t get disappointed if you struggle with something. You can always go back to it later. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks Gruntius. I do like to stretch myself in reading, it’s the way I’ve learned new words and phrases since I was small. What I was wondering as well is what was the difference in content between the two magazines. I find it easier to read if I am interested in the content. I have read some of the stori Sydn series, mainly though I have followed the books recommended by Dysgu Cymraeg although I have found them a bit hit and miss as to content. I’m reading Llywbr Cul at the moment.

1 Like

As far as the difference between Golwg and Barn, I don’t know sorry. Golwg has a wide variety of articles every week so there’ll always be something there you’ll find interesting.

1 Like

Synposis of some of the Welsh magazines (if the link works!) Hope it helps @Tony_Davis

4 Likes

Thanks jenny-5