New starter

Hi my names Annette and I’ve just started learning Welsh. Are there any other people learning Welsh from Bridgend.

4 Likes

Croeso!
@JohnYoung Maybe can help. There was a Kath too I think.

1 Like

Welcome Annette!
You can register to receive the weekly newsletter in the FAQ above (that has details of meet-ups all over the place, so hopefully there’ll be some in Bridgend), or just go straight to SSiW Newsletter.
There are a lot of learners not far from you in Port Talbot it seems - have a look at this thread too :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi, yes, there are learners from your area. I’m fairly sure that there is a meeting on Saturday mornings in Bridgend. Also meetings on various Wednesdays in Aberafan. I’m tagging @carin-harris who might be able to help you with dates.

3 Likes

Meeee you daft thing lol (We know each other)
Next meeting is in Port Talbot on the 22nd May at 6.30pm at the Aberafon Beach Hotel. And I believe there is a meeting upstairs at Il Panino the 2nd Sat of every month at 10am, I haven’t been to this one yet. Thanks for tagging me @JohnYoung

3 Likes

Croeso yma @annette-francis.

1 Like

I am originally from Bridgend , living in Aberafan now. Croeso SSIW, you would be very welcome to come to our port Talbot learners group. I see some of us have already contacted you .

2 Likes

Hi Annette, I’m just down the road in Wick so not far at all. Just working my way through level 1. Rachael

3 Likes

Hi Annette. I’m in Porthcawl so not too far away. I’m looking forward to getting along to one of the meet ups at some point. I hope to see you there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you’re not a member already there’s a PortTalbotLearners group on SLACK too.
Here’s the link: https://welshspeakingpractice.slack.com/messages/DGUEAVBUM/?
You may have to go into channels and search for the PortTalbotLearners group and join that way.

I’m in Kenfig Hill, hope to see you at the next meeting on the 22nd Mai.
I’ll update if there are any interim meetings before then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never heard of you - only joking. I’ll look to see if the Ill Panino meet up is still going. Be nearer and easier for me.

Thanks. I’ve just signed up for the newsletter.

1 Like

Hi Annette,
We meet the second Saturday of the month 10am upstairs at Il Panino - opposite the main Post Office Market Street.

The next one is 11th May - hope to see you then!

Jenny (dryw bach)

1 Like