New learner and access to lessons?

Hi gang. I’ve signed up for the 6 minutes a day course and in my welcome email it said I could download the lessons by going to “Learn” on the webpage but, when i go there, no lessons are shown, only challenges. Is that because I’m on week zero?

I’m also slightly confused that there are two separate communication channels - this forum and the Slack App. I don’t really know which is the primary one or whether you need to use both. Which is why I’ve posted this question on both. :slight_smile:

Hi @tony-15 and welcome!
Everybody starts on Monday. You’ll get an email around 10 am UK time, this is when you’ll be able to see the additional tasks and so on.
You can still access the challenges themselves if you go to Learn - Challenges instead of Learn - Course in the header of the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome Tony :slight_smile:
Slack is a relatively new thing and is primarily to allow people to practise speaking (and is open to anyone, not just the SSiW community). This forum is the place for help and encouragement, and exclusively for the SSiW community, so this is the ‘main place’!

2 Likes

I think it’s vice versa.
Everybody can join the forum here.
To join 6/6 Support on Slack, people need to be enrolled into a structured course (like 6 minutes a day).
There is also WPS on Slack (Welsh Speaking Practice) and everyone can join it with an invite from an admin.
I use and enjoy all of these spaces.

1 Like

I meant WSP. I keep forgetting the 6/6 is seperate.

1 Like

Thanks both! I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it, there were just so many links in emails sent to me that it wasn’t really clear what were the core ones!

2 Likes