New Joiner

Bore da pawb, I am Welsh (a Gogg!) born in St. Asaph. I have lived all my life in Wales, borderlands. I was taught Welsh in school from age 5 to 14, didn’t take it to O level. I understand more than I can speak and I really would love to be a fluent Welsh speaker. I’m pretty good at languages, so I hope to learn to do so. Anna :blush::wales:

7 Likes

Croeso Anna! It sounds very much like you’ll be speaking Welsh in no time. Have a look at Post-Pandemic Meetups to see if there’s a group near you that you could join to practise.

Diolch yn fawr Deborah. I will take a look. Thanks for the tip.

Best wishes,

Anna

Bore da, Anna! My grandparents lived in St Asaph, and I have a lot of happy memories of summers spent playing on the riverbank there. Pob lwc efo SSiW!

If you are ever in or around Saltney Ferry there is a group that meets every Saturday and every other Wednesday from 11-12. It would be great to see you. All levels welcome

2 Likes

Erica,
Thank you for your suggestion. I am a short drive from Saltney Ferry, and I would love to join your group. I am only just beginning but I am keen.
I work as a psychotherapist during the week, ~Tuesday to Thursday, and as a nurse practitioner on Saturday every other week, from 10 to 4pm. I will come down to meet the group, when I am free. Where do you meet please? At the little cafe, or somewhere else?

Diolch iawn,

Anna

Our meeting place is the old chapel cafe. We would be delighted to meet you Anna.

I go to the Hen Capel meetings at Saltney Ferry and the people are really friendly and helpful

1 Like