New Challenge 6 - Questions

Quote Arianrhod>as I know Aran hates the grammar questions.
Quote Aran >>I don’t think you do know that, since it’s not the case…

Aha! Sorry, Aran, I’ve got the link to the old forum where there is plenty of evidence of agonised howls coming from your direction. Onibai bod ti’n rhaffu celwyddau weithiau, wrth gwrs. :slight_smile:

Many thanks for the fuller answer… I take it that the answer is that it’s an either/or then

Paid pwsho dy lwc, Arianrhod [Don’t push your luck, Silverwheel], The above didn’t give adequate thanks to those who have tried to help me in this thread. I am reassured (I think) that the instinctive response I gave in the lesson is an acceptable alternative, which a first language speaker could have given. And, hooray, I can now move on with the course! I completely agree with Aran’s comments about the need to avoid complex searching around for rules where none exist and really, that isn’t what I need to find. [ Er, nid dyna sydd eisiau ifi ddod ar draws, nid dyna mae eisiau ifi ddod ar draws…] Oh, forget it!! Move on! It’s a fabulous course. :heart, love, smile:

Aha! Sorry, Aran, I’ve got the link to the old forum where there is plenty of evidence of agonised howls coming from your direction.

Theatrical howls to encourage people not to worry about it aren’t the same as hating…:smile:

I know you’re fine, but I don’t want anyone reading this to think there are any questions they’re ‘not meant to ask’…:smile:

All questions are good…:smile:

:seren:

Thanks for that, Aran. I was was a bit worried in that direction.

Thanks very much everyone for clarifying! It’s such a good feeling to understand the bin bag after all these years… smilie

Just a post-postscript, to say special thanks to Gavin for that insight (above). I was lucky enough (at the BBC studios last night where we were with Menter Caerffili) to have a chat with a tutor. She said exactly what Gavin says above - there’s a subtle difference in the two ways to express the phrase we’re talking about. But the meaning in English comes out the same, and are equally valid.

Sorted!