New Book - O, Mam Bach (with a story by Catrin!)

Is this you @CatrinLliarJones on the list of authors?
Who’s the publisher - I must go out and buy it immediately.

Longyfarchiadau! :tada:

12 Likes

It is indeed - excellent spot, Helen!

We’re hugely proud in the Jones household today - and we may have to look at pulling some of the vocab out of Catrin’s story and building an extra lesson around it… :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I saw it on Manon Steffan Ros’ twitter feed. I can’t wait to read it.

1 Like

Yes, it’s me!!! I’m super excited!

I received my copy in the post today. This is me officially published on paper for the very first time and embarking on a new career as a writer! It’s such an honour to be in the company of some of Wales’ most talented and popular authors. This is definitely the start of something big for me. There is more on the way, but that’s all I can say for now as I’m sworn to secrecy. But watch this space and I’ll let you know when I’ve got more news, as well as when the book will be in the shops.

Diolch @helenlindsay

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

19 Likes

And what illustrious company you are in for your first publication!

Llongyfarchiadau mawrion iawn, iawn!

2 Likes

Wow, @CatrinLliarJones, that’s fantastic! So happy for you, and for your future projects, too! Llongyfarchiadau mawrion! :slight_smile: :star2: :tada: :fireworks:

(Hope there will be a way to get the book over here in the US!)

2 Likes

I’ve already sent an email to my local Welsh shop to order my copy.

Well done @CatrinLliarJones, llongyfarchiadau MAWR i ti.

2 Likes

@CatrinLliarJones Llongyfarchiadau! Does this mean that you are no longer looking for ways to earn your living, because you are now what I will never be, a professional author!?? :sunny:
I’m only a little bit envious, honest! Green is my natural complexion! :wink:

2 Likes

If you’re not averse to megacorporations such as Amazon – the Book Depository currently lists the book as available, and they ship to the US.

https://www.bookdepository.com/O-Mam-Bach/9781907424946

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr, @philipnewton - I’ve bought most of my Welsh books from the Book Depository, actually. (I do like supporting small businesses, but it’s a lot harder from over here.) I hadn’t thought to look for Catrin’s book already, since from her post I didn’t think it was available yet. Hapus iawn!

(“Catrin’s book” - Doesn’t that sound great! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I wasn’t expecting to be able to buy it just yet either, but I know that some booksellers have upcoming books that you can pre-order and have them shipped once they officially appear, so I thought I’d give it a chance.

3 Likes

I have just been into my local bookshop to order it. It should be here next week. Exciting!

3 Likes

Edrych ymlaen i darllen fo! Looking forward to reading it!

3 Likes

WOW! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! LLONGYFARCHIADAUUUUUUUUUUU MAWR! :slight_smile: (O boy, this made my day!)

Will it be Kindle edition too?

2 Likes

Brilliant! I know how excited you must feel. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
I hope one day I can read your story without needing a dictionary!

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn!!!

Thank you all so very much! Your support and enthusiasm means the absolute world to me. I am so excited about the book. It’s quite an amazing feeling to be published alongside so many renowned and talented authors, and to have finally taken the first step to fulfilling an almost lifelong dream.

I used to write so much in school and was told by numerous teachers along the way to just go for it. The furthest I got was competing in school Eisteddfods and writing for the school magazine. Then confidence got the better of me and i swept everything under the carpet.

My sister in law, Olwen Dafydd worked at the Welsh writing centre, Ty Newydd in Llanystumdwy for 11 years. She knew of my passion for writing and it’s constant battle with confidence. In September of 2014, just as Beuno was starting school full time, she bullied me in to attending my first ever writer’s course at Ty Newydd. She sent me constant text messages till I gave in and said yes.

That course changed the way I looked at writing, it inspired me beyond anything I could have imagined. I left Ty Newydd on fire, full of enthusiasm and new energy and so my journey began.

Since then I have continued to attend various courses at Ty Newydd, which have been wonderful, each one.

Sadly, my sister in law passed away suddenly two days after the Christmas of 2014, after a short battle with an aggressive cancer, she was only 46.

It is thanks to her that this journey started and I will be forever grateful to her for it. If only she were here now to see my name on the cover.

Roll on my first novel and years of writing pleasure ahead!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

10 Likes

Can’t wait for my copy to arrive! I am very excited for you Catrin - and looking forward to reading your story!

3 Likes

And they say bullying is not a good thing? :slight_smile:

She is (within your heart) and she sees your way to success! Dal ati @CatrinLliarJones. I didn’t get my copy of the book yet but I already now know your writing is one of the best (if not the best) in it. Right now I feel like a kid waiting for their chocholate or bonbons which is yet to be given to them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic news, @CatrinLliarJones , many many congratulations!!

Just a thought - I wonder whether you have any interest in writing novels for middle-sized children? I’ve been investigating what’s available with my 10 year old recently, and apart from the odd gem from Manon Steffan Ros and Bethan Gwanas, the market seems to be in urgent need of a bit of new blood!

3 Likes

Well done Catrin, and many congratulations. Hope it’s a big success for you.

3 Likes