Negatives and Positives

I am getting confused in lessons 1-6 as to what the correct relies should be for Yes and No
Please help

That’s going to depend on what the questions are…

3 Likes

Don’t worry about it - just say whatever comes to mind first, and then notice what the model was when you hear the Welsh - it doesn’t matter which way you say them for now, you’ll be understood - so just don’t over-think it, and you’ll be fine… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(If it’s any consolation I still rely on nodding and shaking my head whenever possible…)

2 Likes

I’m not sure whether it was in his book but @aran said something to the effect that Welsh speakers (whether learners or not) can also get good mileage out of phrases such as Dw i ddim yn siwr “I’m not sure” and wrth gwrs “of course” instead of “no” and “yes” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, very much this… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Aran
I love your approach to teaching.
Now I have a very good visual memory and would appreciate a printed list of your vocabulary. Is there some book that might enhance my knowledge.
I have never been so enthusiastic about anything in a long while.

1 Like

I pieced this together under my old user name

And here’s one for level 1

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, Gareth! :slight_smile:

We’re very, very light on printed material, so volunteer stuff like Pete’s collection above will be your best bet - but do bear in mind that the less you look at the words (at least during Level 1) the better your accent is likely to be… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want to say ‘yes’, maybe ‘yn wir’ might be useful! (Literally ‘truly’). Ie and Nage are only meant to be for stress, I think. (@aran??? :blush:)