My Lesson Plan

Hi Robert,

Just a tip if you go ahead with Laura. As her English is pretty good (although she has never had the opportunity to go to immersion) try to do the first 15 minutes in Spanish and make a rule that if you need help Laura helps you in Spanish not in English - that way your Spanish will improve faster.

I made the mistake once of falling back into English too soon and then regretted not having made a firm rule prohibiting English during the 15 minutes of Spanish.

Laura learned her English via a U.S. correspondence course transmitted through a radio program aired in Madrid. She now teaches English - I think mainly to children.

Good luck,

Justin

1 Like

Termine leccion diez y once. Me siento positivo acerca de como las lecciones fue hoy, algunos vocabulario mas familiar . Manana voy a tratar de hacer leccion doce, trece, catorce y quince.

Muy interesante, que buena idea. Suerte! :sunny:

Qué día. Lecciones completadas doce, trece, catorce y quince. Que era una buena idea.

Enhorabuena!

It would be really interesting to hear what the experience felt like for you, if you wouldn’t mind sharing in English so that it would be accessible for our early stage learners :sunny:

Well as posted I completed lessons 12, 13, 14 and 15 one after the other. I didn’t take a break between sessions. I was a little worried at what I would retain given this approach. After I completed these lessons I listened to the review C1SpanishL03. Guess what, I was able pretty much able to understand the whole dialogue. Given the success of being able to listen to four lessons in a row tomorrow If time permits tomorrow I will try listening to lessons 16 -20 in a row. Don’t get me wrong your head hurts after being pounded with so much learning but it was worth it, Relax and trust the process.

Superb work, and a really great example for anyone else who is thinking of testing a more intense approach :star2:

Well I have finished Level 1 and am ready to move onto Level 2. In the next couple of weeks I will be Skyping with native Spanish speakers. SaySomethinginSpanish has given me a good foundation to talk with other people in Spanish. One of the things I did after completing this course to test my Spanish was to re-visit a particular session from another course I own. A large number of people who completed that lesson said it was hard to understand. Due to having completed this course I fully understood it when I listened to it again. If you are working your way through Level 1 of SaySomethinginSpanish and your feel like your not getting anywhere fast hang in there. As I posted earlier trust the process and do not be afraid to do more than one lesson a day.

1 Like

That’s really fantastic news - thank you so much for sharing :star2:

And huge congratulations on having flown through Level 1 so quickly! :thumbsup:

Well I had a big day today I started on level 2 and had my first conversation in Spanish with a native Spanish speaker from Argentina. We spoke for 30 minutes. When I started I was nervous and couldn’t find the right words to express fully what I wanted to say. However, when I relaxed the language started to flow.If your having your first conversation with a native speaker just relax and don’t worry if you make mistakes. You will make mistakes but this is all part of learning how to speak another language.

2 Likes

Absolutely superb - many congratulations! You’re doing exactly what you need to in order to become a very confident and impressive Spanish speaker :star2: