My challenge - I'll need some revision please

Hello all first.

As the title says already, I have quite a challenge in front of me and after I finish I’ll need some quick revision. So, not to drag into that people who don’t have the time or don’t want to do such thing I thought to ask openly here who’d be willing to put an eye on the thing when ready for checking.

Aha, what’s this all about? My son asked me to translate some app user pages in Welsh and I accepted the challenge so now I’d be happy if one of those of you who are familiar with computer terminology in Welsh would be willing to have a quick check. This is about 92 lines of needed commands and messages in Google sheets needed to be checked, what for one “trained eye” shouldn’t take too much of the time. I’ve helped myself with Microsoft terminology I found on their pages but not everything is there though and I don’t totally trust the Google Translate to be honest.

If someone is willing to do this little proofreading (it has to be checked according to programming/computer terminology which is not neccessarily always gramarly correct though) let me know in this topic so I’ll be able to communicate with you further via PMs.

Thank you for potential help.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

My computer terminology isn’t good enough for me to volunteer, but this might be of some help -
http://www.termiaduraddysg.org/browse-a-z/?lang=en (This is a site which provides standardized terminology for the field of education)
If you go to this page then choose “Information Technology” and press enter, it’ll give you an alphabetical list of terms which may be useful.

Gwych! Diolch o galon @siaronjames. This will be of masive help. I’ve searched for something like this but obviously didn’t use right parametres to find anything useful. Well, you see, sometimes I can’t find things either.

Thank you in deed. You’re always of such big help to me!

Hwyl!

1 Like

If you need more help, I’d be happy to run it past my son who works in IT often through the medium of Welsh.

Diolch o galon i ti @HuwJones hefyd.

Have to finish things first. I have a little portion (about 10 or so lines) to do yet but I’ll do them in a day or two.

You’re both golden stars!

1 Like

So, I’ve finished th ework and sent you the private message, @HuwJones

Thank you both once again for the offered help.

Hwyl!

1 Like

I’ve replied to your PM and am standing by. :smile:

Thank you @HuwJones

I’ve sent you the PM and I’m editing this message since I’ve mistakingly posted the link in here in the first place. :slight_smile:

PM received thanks. At first run through it sees very good. :+1:
I’ll ask Chris to take a look at the keys. I’ll check the corresponding English text and the Welsh translation. On the Welsh translation, I suggest you also seek input from @siaronjames who is much better qualified than I.
I’ll get back to you by the end of the week. :smile:

1 Like

Great. Thank you.

@siaronjames may I send you a link too.

I have to say though that keys and English translation isn’t the translation at all but my son has written them directly so they surely are as they should be. The Welsh part is what I need to be checked though.

Thank you once again.
:slight_smile:

I’ll do my best :slight_smile:

Oops, I’ve already made some suggestions about the English text which you may accept or reject as you see fit. However, there are in fact typos and some of my suggestions are important.

I misunderstood about the keys but I recognise them as standard, so I won’t need to involve Chris.

I have finished going through the Welsh, too, but all my suggestions are provisional and would certainly benefit (or need) scrutiny by @siaronjames or another proficient Welsh speaker.

Tech point. Rather than edit your google sheet I have made my suggestions (in red) on a relabelled docx sheet and am about to send it to you as anattachment to a PM. If you and Siaron like, I’ll be happy to send it to her as well. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, please send me your provisional suggestions too, Huw :slight_smile:

Done - I’ve invited you to join Tatjana’s PM - hope that’s OK :smiley:

1 Like

WOW! You are both stars! I’m sitting here with my coffee and am just about to open the PM to see your work. You’re both brilliant already with decision to help me!

Gwych! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found my little bit very interesting and enjoyable. :smile:

1 Like