MP3 download for an iPod Nano 7G

Can’t find SSIW MP3 downloads in the Apple iTunes store. Are they not available to download for an iPod Nano 7 G?

Can you not download on a pc and copy them across?

1 Like

Does that device run apps? Might be best to look for the app, if it does (although I’m stabbing in the dark here, knowing less than nothing about Apple, so tagging @lewie!) :slight_smile:

Don’t think so. iTunes seem to lock everything down in that respect. Not straightforward. Perhaps I’ll have another try when I’ve got a minute, but I’m pretty sure it can’t be done.

I seem to recall there being a way to use itunes to copy mp3s from a windows PC to an apple device, but it’s been a long while since I owned the latter, so…

1 Like

No, don’t think it does run apps, just music, videos, podcasts, photos and there’s a fitness “thing”, but it isn’t an app as far as I’m aware; just a pre-loaded thing that came with the iPod.

This thread has some info about getting MP3 files onto an iPod using iTunes.

1 Like

Thanks hectorgrey - I’ve read that to different models of iPod it’s do’able, just not to a Nano, gggrrr!

OK, thanks James, I’ll look into this further tonight

@carolineparkinson The lesson files are mp3 files that are no different than a song file. You should be able to download them from the website, add them to your iTunes library, and sync them to your iPod just like you would with any other song that wasn’t purchased directly from the iTunes store (for example, if you ripped songs from a CD, or purchased from somewhere else). I haven’t had a Nano since about the 4th generation one, but I’m sure this must be possible.

I can try to walk you through it in more detail if you want…

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I’m in agreement with Anna. I’ve used a nano in the past, and it behaves like any iPod in that you can download your own music/audio to it - in the form of mp3s, or wav, etc. I’d take Anna up on her offer if you are having troubles :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome help in here, folks - you lot really are the best :star: :star2:

Thanks Anna, when I can get my hands on the laptop, I’ll have a sniff around and see if I can work it out. I just remember in the early days of owning my iPod, that unless you got whatever you got from the iTunes store, there were so many obstacles in the way as to render it impossible. I wish I could remember now where it was that I saw that saysomethingin.com podcasts were downloadable to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, but not to an iPod Nano. Apple rules the world :wink: Very annoying!

2 Likes

smile:I can’t thank you enough - when I get a chance to try a few hacks out, I’ll report back; with a bit of luck it’ll be a thumbs up, but it could be a couple of days before I get a chance. Roll on the week-end! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 5-second version of how to do it is: fire up iTunes, then do File->Add to Library. Select the lesson .mp3 files that you want to download and click “Open”. From there, it’s the same as syncing any content to your iPod regardless of where it came from. Just be aware that the files will be added to your library as part of an “Unknown Album” so you’ll have to search for them by name to find them in your library.

2 Likes