[more success] Idea dump: how to increase learners' confidence

Personally I think that this sounds friendlier than ‘Ymarfer siarad yma’ which is sounds more of a commands to be and it would make me feel that I have to be quite good to try speaking.

1 Like

I’ve just started level 3 but have got to a bit of a plateau. Just struggling a bit. I’ve read the first Blodwen Jones but struggle to find time to read.

Your last sentence was right on the money. Fluent speakers must be patient with us learners, and in practice I think that their pleasure at encountering someone who’s making an effort to learn Welsh will override any frustration that may feel at the learner’s inevitable plodding and halting use of the language.
Learners - remember that fact when you take the plunge and start your first tentative steps at conversation.

1 Like

Yes, why not?

Totally get this Kate,l find a few “stock” phrases prepared in advance can be very helpfulAlso asking someone a question that they can be answering whilst you get time to think!l think it’s important to find the right group as well.Nothing is more did heartening than gathering together all your courage and finding your self the only beginner in amongst very confident speakers.I find the Thursday 7pm slot is very forgiving if you ever want to give it a try.

1 Like