Mini Bootcamp - Caernarfon - 30/9/2016 - 2/10/2016

Helo pawb

To all mini bootcampers.

I have a friend who lives in Dinas Dinlle, and she offered to put us in touch w a local Welsh historian who may be able to take us on a Welsh guided walk in the area. She says he is a fantastic guide, native Welsh speaker, as is she, and weaves an interesting story. Would you like me to see if I can arrange this for Saturday or Sunday morning? It could be an hour - 90 minutes long.

Renee

3 Likes

That sounds fantastic. Its a yes from me

1 Like

Helo Pawb, Dwi wedi fendioā€™r dyn syā€™n gallu cymryd ni am dro bore Dydd Sul. Wyt tiā€™n isio mynd am dro dros 5 milltir, a dysgu am hanes lleol?

Hi Iā€™m practicing my welsh, so to be sure I am clear, this local historian takes folks on walks in Dinas Dinlle. He can do Sunday morning, I havenā€™t phoned him yet, wanted first to gauge interest. My friend says he suggests a 5 mile walk. How does that sound? I imagine we should provide a little payment - I will ask about that, I donā€™t think it would be very much.

Hands up, if you wish me to arrange! Ill give this over the weekend to check responses.
diolch, wela chi yn fuan.

Renee

3 Likes

I am not ready for bootcamp yet, but hopefully by the time summer 2017 comes, I hope to be. A mini bootcamp sounds like a great way to start, if you do more of them I would be interested. Pob Lwc!

2 Likes

Pnawn da bootcampers,

Dwi wedi trefnu y mynd am dro ar bore dydd Sul. Ddechrau 10.30 am mewn Llanfaglan.

Gobeithio byddych chi isio mynd.

Gwela chi cyn bo hir! Renee

3 Likes

Ardderchog. Diolch yn fawr iawn. Dw iā€™n gobeithio bydd y penwythnos yn dda.

Dw iā€™n edrych ymlaen at cyfarfod pawb.

Cofiwchā€¦cymraeg yn unig os 'dach chiā€™n medru. Ond yn gyntaf dw iā€™n awgrymu bod niā€™n siarad saesneg am awr. Wedyn yn y Gymraeg.

2 Likes

Maeā€™n swnioā€™n dda iawn. Dw iā€™n edrych ymlaen ato!

Wel pawb. Dw iā€™n gyffroes yn barod.

Dw i wedi bod yn ymarfer chwarae ā€œcharadesā€ achos dw i gwybod boā€™ fo ddim yn gwybod llawer o geiriau!

Ond beth bynnag. Bydda iā€™n cyrraedd am tri oā€™gloch. Dw iā€™n edrych ymlaen at cyfarfod pawb.

1 Like

Cae Berllan Tyn Lon Llandwrog Caernarfon LL54 5sn

Please find info and directions below. Please take note that all linen, towels, heating, electric, costs are Inc. We now have free WIFI to all cottagers There is a laundry area on the premises [no extra charge]. Cots and highchairs are also available. [No extra charge] We accept Tesco deliveries on your behalf and will keep the perishable items. All cottages have full kitchens including fridge freezers dishwasher, microwave full-size stove All cottages have 40ā€ flat screen TV with Freeview and a D.V.D player as well as a CD player Maps, walking guides, cycle route info, and cycle storage etc. is also available Booking in is any time after 3pm, if you are going to be very late could you please let us know. Please contact us the night before if you require to come in earlier. Departure is by 10am on day of departure, we can extend this if there is no one due in that day.

To find the cottages you need to follow the signs from the duel carriageway [A 55], and Follow the signs to Caernarfon From Caernarfon follow the signs for Porthmadog and Pwllheli [A487] 2 1/2 miles outside Caernarfon [4th roundabout after Tesco] you need to take the A499 towards Pwllheli 1/2 mile on this road you will come to a 40mph limit, look for sign for speed cameras, you need to turn RIGHT here, [look for the sign for Tyn Lon by the telegraph pole before the bus stop on the right] [Please also be aware of traffic going to overtake here] Once you have turned right there is a left bend at the top of the hill, follow the road around the left bend corner and go through the village .Please do not turn around in any driveways in the village As you pass the last house Derion on the right [about 25 meters] there is a long wooded drive to the right, and a name plate Cae Berllan Follow this drive down to the right to the cream house and you will have arrived. If you cannot find us stay put and phone 01286830818 and we will come to meet you. Please contact us at any time with kind regards Ann Marie

1 Like

Im sorry to say that ive decided not to come. Its complicated but some things have come up on making it difficult. I cant get away until late on Friday and need to be back for 5 on Sunday. And being so far away makes it impractical with the free time I have over the weekend.
So appologies and trust you have a good weekend but many thanks Peter for organising.
Mike