Milton Keynes Cylch Siarad

For anyone who lives in or near Milton Keynes, we meet on the last Thursday of every month in Ye Olde Swan at Woughton-on-the-Green from 6-7.30 ish. Its an informal group with lots of ‘sgwsio’ chatting, in Cymraeg wrth gwrs, so a good practice opportunity. If you want to know more, just send a message or email me. Our next meeting will be on Thursday 28th August. Hwyl, Jan.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this - have you sent it to Dee to get it in the weekly email, too? :smile:

It’s already in there Aran - been there for a while :wink:

:star:

Does this meet up still happen?

Helen,

Yes we meet once a month on the last Thursday of every month! Our next meeting is next Thursday 26th March at 6.00pm at Ye Olde Swan in Woughton on the Green. You would be very welcome to join us!

If you’d like to have a chat about the group, you can always ring me on 01234 711954 or 07790 578555.

1 Like

Jan, ydy’r cylch siarad Houghgon on the Green dal i fynd?

Hi Jonathan, yes we meet on the last Thursday of every month at Ye Olde Swan in Woughton-on-the-Green, which is in Milton Keynes. Our next meeting will be on Thursday 28th May from 6-7.30 ish. Hwyl am y tro. Jan

1 Like

Hi Aran,
We are now holding the Milton Keynes Cylch Siarad on the first Thursday of every month instead of the last Thursday. We are still meeting at Ye Olde Swan in Woughton-on-the-Green at the same time 6.00-7.30 pm approx. Please can you make sure the information is amended in the weekly newsletter? Diolch yn fawr iawn. Hwyl! Jan

1 Like

Great that you’re still going - I’ll tag @Deborah-SSi in here for the email adjustment - thank you very much indeed for letting us know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately I have a lot of parents evenings on a Thursday (I’m a teacher). I’d love to come along but it may not be till the summer term when parents evenings are over :frowning:

Hello Elen,

I used to attend Welsh evening classes in Leighton Buzzard back in the 80’s. We were quite an enthusiastic group and also used to meet up outside of classes in local pubs and hold Sadwrn Siarad. The teacher was Rosemary Gaches, an English woman; I think she went to live in Wales.

Although it was a long time ago, I still try to keep up my Welsh.

Regards and good luck with your meetings.

Ian Roberts

1 Like

Hi Elen, Yes it does still meet on a monthly basis. We are meeting on the first Thursday of every month - 6pm at Ye Olde Swan in woughton-on-the-green. You would be very welcome!
Our next meeting is on 3rd November. If you think you might come along, you are welcome to email me at janjon10@gmail.com, also if you would like to be added to our circulation list to receive reminders.
Kind regards
Jan

1 Like

@janjones_1 Please would you ask anyone in your group who has not signed the petition for fair finance for S4C if they would do so? Diolch yn fawr iawn a Nadolig Llawen!
Link is:

Hi Ian, Rosemary moved to Aberystwyth to teach in the University as a professor of Cymraeg. Perhaps we met at one of her classes?

Oddi wrth,

Mal leyshon

Hi Jan I would like to a attend your Meeting tonight and siarad Cymraeg, please add me to your list,

Mal leyshon
Norfhampton

Hi Mal, apologies for the late reply, you will be very welcome. We will look out for your. I am wearing a purple dress. Ye olde swan, woughton on the green. look forward to meeting you. All best, Jan

1 Like

Hi Mal,
Sorry you didn’t make it lat night. if you let me have your email address I can add you to our email circulation list. Otherwise, our next meeting will be on Thursday 1st June.
Cofion cynnes,
Jan

Hi Jan, sorry I did not not make it as planned. Life got in the way but I will be there next meeting. Please note my email address: mal.leyshon@gmail.com
Diolch yn fawr am yr negus,

Hwyl am yr tro

Mal Leyshon

Helo!
I have aready sent an email to everyone a couple of months ago.
Cofion cynnes
Jan

1 Like