Meetups in or near Chester?

I’ve just started re-learning Welsh (I did it to GCSE second language level in school but that was over two decades ago now!) and would love to know if there are any meetups happening in or near Chester? Or if anyone is up for starting one :blush:

I’m not sure of any in Chester, but there will be chat groups at Saith Seren in Wrexham if that’s not too far for you.

Ooh this sounds great. Diolch!

@keith-taggart goes to a group near Chester. Hopefully he’ll see this message and post more information here :slight_smile:

There is a group “Sgwrs Cymraeg” that meets on Wednesdays (10-11.15am) and Saturdays (11 to Mid-day). We meet at the Old Capel Cafe (Yr Hen Capel) on Flint Road, Saltney Ferry CH4 OBJ. A reading group also meets at 11.15 every other Wednesday. I tend to go most Wednesdays. For more details contact: Erica@mack1e.co.uk. All levels of Cymraeg are welcome. The cafe does excellent cakes!

2 Likes

We meet up twice a week at the Hen Capel cafe, Saltney Ferry, Wednesday morning 10am and Saturday morning 11am, the group is very friendly, and as Keith mentioned they sell lovely cake