Meetup in Old Colwyn/ Colwyn Bay/ Rhos/ LLandudno?

Prynhawn da everyone,

My name is Josef Roberts, Dw i’n byw yn Hen Golwyn, and I am looking to have regular meeting with other welsh learners from the area, as I find I can study it all i like, but I can’t progress without using it! Would anyone be interested? we can arrange times and places when we know who would want to come.

Diolch i chi,

2 Likes

Hi Josef
I live in Llansannan not far from you. We have regular Sadwrn Siared meetings in the Red Lion pub here in Llanannan the first and third Saturdays in the month 10.00 - 11.30. All levels,friendly people. You’d be most welcome

Bore da. I live in Colwyn Bay and would be interested in a meet up in this area. Unfortunately, I can`t make Llannanan on Saturday mornings

Bore da. Dwi’n byw yn Hen Golwyn hefyd. I too need to practice using welsh. I would prefer meeting up during the day (but not Fridays as that’s when I go to class). It would be great to meet up in Old Colwyn, Colwyn Bay, Rhos area. I’ll keep an eye on this discusiion and see what others are saying.

My name is Annette Halstead and I live in Llanddulas. I would also like to join a local group. During the day would be best, but not on Wednesdays.

Annette

Hi JOSEF,
I LIVE IN CONNAHS QUAY WHICH IS LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR FROM OLD COLWYN. WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP …WILL BE KEEPING AN EYE ON THE FORUM TO SEE WHAT DEVELOPS. THANKS FOR TELLING US ABOUT LLANSANNER AND THE MEET UPS AT THE RED LION…WILL TRY AND GET TO THEM…MEET UP IN THE DAYTIME SOUNDS GOOD…FOR ME TUEDAYS OR THURSDAYS

Im coming home to rhos on sea in January and if you have something set up for the last week in January - would love to join you!
Susan Davies

Hi Josef. I live in Rhyl and like you need practice in having conversations! Unfortunately I could only make time during the evening.

Simon.

Hi all responders and Josef, I live in llandudno and would also like to meet up . I am only on lesson 21 of the first lessons though as I tend to practice on my 2 hour round trip for work during the week and the CDs arent reliable . I can speak Welsh fine to myself but as soon as I am in a room with fluent speakers I lose all confidence and speak in English. A meet up with learners locally would be a great place to start. I can only make a couple of evenings in the week and possibly on the weekend so I await the suggested time and place and hopefully I can attend.