Meetup Contacts for the Weekly Email

I’m just trying to revise the list of meetups at the end of the weekly email so that the contact people can be identified and receive messages through the new forum mailing system.

Could those of you that are contacts please send me a message and let me know if your Username is still the same or if it has changed? For example, I’ve found Lurch2 is now Owain (Lurch) and I think Wil-ab-Eynon is now William Beynon, but I can’t find any trace of Mitzi45.

But also there is a lot of doubling up of names that show as suggestions in the Recipient box, e.g. Alison - there are 5 suggestions of just ‘Alison’ on its own. How do I know which one is the Alison that I want?

Help please?

Yesterday was the first time that I have used the new forum. The first thing that I did was to change my contact e-mail address. I did not change my forum name or any other details. In ‘My Account’ I am still Ali, but when I posted it came up as Alison. The avatar (?) is still the same. I can see that you have a new picture Dee. Very nice - just like you, always smiling!

I have both my name and username on here, and I think Kim (dinas) is using the same username, for contacts for the Rochester meetup :slight_smile:

Alison: I can see that you have a new picture Dee. Very nice - just like you, always smiling!

Actually I’ve changed it again as I realised that I had a more recent photo than that last one. This one was taken at Cardiff Bay as part of a work “team photos” session :slight_smile:

I’m the contact for the Washington, D.C. meetup. Tahl – > Diane Owen (though I’m happy if people still call me Tahl, who I’ve come to think of as my secret identity or alter ego or something).

I can’t see all your lovely hair in this photo Dee!

And Diane has a new photo too - very nice!

Think I might stick with my “old” photo as it was 5 years ago and a more recent one would make me look older!! (How do I get smileys!!!)

Diane: I’m the contact for the Washington, D.C. meetup. Tahl – > Diane Owen (though I’m happy if people still call me Tahl, who I’ve come to think of as my secret identity or alter ego or something).

Yes, I think of you as Tahl, but if someone is going to send you a message through the forum then they have to know to start typing “Diane” for your name to show in the recipient box - unless you add (Tahl) in there somewhere as some people have done with their previous usernames.

I’m trying to change all the contact names in the weekly email so that people can find them on the new forum to send them a message, but not all of them are here with their old usernames. And I’ve looked at their profiles in the old forum to see if they have a ‘real name’ that I might use to find them, but that didn’t help with many of them either.

Dee: unless you add (Tahl) in there somewhere as some people have done with their previous usernames.

I hadn’t noticed I could do that myself. Mischief managed; thanks, Dee.

@aran (or to whom it may concern): in the email newsletters, the Winchester fortnightly group is mentioned twice, once in the “weekly” section and once in the “fortnightly/monthly” one. It should probably only be in the latter one.

The two entries are not quite identical, so either the second one can be kept as-is or the two can be merged.

Winchester – FORTNIGHTLY, 7pm, Thursdays on even weeks of the year, The Cart and Horses, Kings Worthy, SO23 7QN (Contact mikebrown)
versus
Winchester - FORTNIGHTLY on even weeks, Thurs, 7pm, The Cart and Horses, in London Rd, Kings Worthy, Winchester, SO23 7QN (Contact mikebrown)

Thanks for that, Philip :sunny:

Tagging @Deborah-SSi :sunny:

Done. Just making sure people knew there was a meetup in Winchester, to be sure, to be sure :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like