Margaret Ogunbanwo

I’m sure there are people here who will recognize Margaret in this news clip, she was featured as learner of the week on the S4C programme Hwb a few years ago and came across as a really lovely person so it was sad to see that her house has been the subject of this graffiti recently. You can see her and her son being interviewed in Welsh in this clip:

She also gave a slightly longer interview in English to LBC where she talks about the idea of painting it over with a community mural.

People are also helping by supporting her online food business, called Maggie’s Exotic Foods

7 Likes

I’ve just bought something called Pirate Stew from her website.

I was disgusted by this report and just goes to show the ignorance of some people. Sadly won’t change. But by the looks of things the others in her community have been very supportive.

4 Likes

I would like to think that whoever did this is now completely and utterly ashamed, but that is probably way to much to hope for. Terrible, senseless, worrying.

1 Like

Maggie will feature in this online production from Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru on Saturday (25th July)

http://theatr.cymru/portfolio/o-bengroes-at-droed-amser/?lang=en

1 Like