Manchester Meet Ups

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR JANUARY 2022! :grinning:

Hi all. The first Saturday of January ( when we would normally have had our Zoom meet up) falls on New Year’s Day 2022. A small group of us discussed this at the face to face meet up yesterday. It was agreed that we move both meetings in January to the week after our normal arranged day. This means that the Zoom meet up will be on the 8th January 2022 and the face to face at the gallery cafe will be on the 22nd January. February will return to the usual pattern of 1st and 3rd Saturdays. I’ll put reminders on our Facebook page nearer to the time. Hope this suits everyone. Diolch yn fawr iawn :grinning:

2 Likes

Next Saturday morning 8th January 2022 at 10.30 am :grinning: Look forward to seeing you on Zoom. See link below

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 630 552 7359
Passcode: NVVG2T

I would love to get involved with this group. I am currently on the Dysgu Cymraeg Mynediad course which I’m really enjoying and becoming a little bit obsessed about learning Welsh. I’ve signed up to the Say something in Welsh too. I don’t know whether anyone can help me but have the challenges now replaced the different levels available previously? I did Welsh at school at O level many years ago and I’m really enjoying learning Welsh again. Anyway I now feel I need more speaking practise and to get to know people with a similar interest. I look forward to hearing from anyone that may be able to help. I’ve recently joined your Facebook group too. Many thanks.
Melanie

Hi Melanie,
You’ve made a great decision returning to SSIW. It will help you greatly in developing your Welsh speaking. Yes the challenges replaced the old lessons but I believe the old ones may still be available somewhere. Someone else may be able to advise you better about that. Ah yes, I remember you joining our group on FB recently. It will be lovely to see you on Zoom or at our live meet ups in Manchester.
Pob lwc!

If you go to ‘Learn’ then ‘Challenges’ above, you’ll find all the new lessons (Levels) plus if you scroll down you can get access to the old Courses 1, 2 and 3. Quite a few people like to do the Levels first, then have a run through the old Courses to consolidate and extend their Welsh.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr Deborah

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr Jean. Hoffwn i’n dod i cyfarfod zoom dydd Sadwrn. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Melanie

1 Like

It was lovely to see everyone on screen this morning and great to have 2 new members join us - Melanie and Michael. We were sorry to lose you when you froze at the end Michael. We were just about to hear why you were learning. Look forward to meeting you again soon then you can finish your story. We’ll be meeting face to face at Manchester Art Gallery cafe on the 22nd January. Then we’ll return to our usual pattern of Zoom on the 1st Saturday and face to face on the 3rd Saturday. Hope you can make it.:grin:

Hi guys, I’m moving to Manchester soon (but not sure when). I’m hoping to take part by then. Perhaps I can join the Zoom ones before that happens!

2 Likes

Of course Israel you’d be very welcome. We’ve had people from far and wide joining our Zoom sessions including some in Australia! Our next Zoom session will be on the first Saturday in February. Look forward to seeing you soon. :grin:

Looking forward to seeing you all again next Saturday. :grinning:

We’re meeting on the 4th Saturday for this month only, then back to the usual 3rd Saturday from February onwards.

Look forward to seeing you all at the next Manchester Zoom Meet up! :slight_smile:
Here’s the link:

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6305527359…

Meeting ID: 630 552 7359

Passcode: NVVG2T

Looking forward to seeing you next Saturday! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi where in Manchester do you meet up? I live in Wigan, do you know of any groups near me?

Diolch yn fawr iawn

Diane

Hi Diane, we meet up at the Café in the art gallery Manchester. See details below. Always the 3rd Saturday on the month. Then on Zoom on the 1st Saturday. There is a group in Preston. I can try and find out the details if that’s nearer for you. You’d be very welcome to come to the Manchester group :grin:

1 Like

1 Like

Ooh lovely! I’d be happy to meet up with both (shifts/work permitting) :blush: I’m learning Gogledd with Dysgu Cymraeg mynediad, but it would be fab to connect with local people. I’ve been meeting up with the clwb darllen llyfr but AS the bulk of my group are either retired, so can make each week, or live IN Wales and can go out and practice, I’m really not up to their level :confused: I know I shouldn’t let it, but it knocks my confidence as I can’t always understand the banter and sit there blank faced while they chat to the tutor in Welsh :crazy_face: I want to spend more time to get back into my SSIW as I was making good progress. Its been a tough decision but I’ve chosen to not re register with the clwb for next term as I think j I’ve spread my time too thin. I’ll have to pop over to Manchester though and meet up with you all…I’ll wear a daffodil in lapel so you know who I am :smile: x

It will be great to meet you Diane. We’re a friendly relaxed group with people at all levels of learning. We’ll look out for you. :grin:

1 Like

Hi All,

Just a little reminder that our next meet up in Manchester is Saturday 16th April. Look forward to seeing you there. We seem to have a steady group of regulars these days but new people are always welcome whatever their level of Welsh. See earlier in this thread for details of venue, time etc although many of us fall in when the gallery doors open at 10am. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Jean I am 12 weeks into Level 1, 6 minutes a day and really enjoying myself. I have just stumbled on your Manchester group which is in my part of the world and would like to join you if that is ok. I see I just missed a session yesterday but hopefully soon. Diolch Malcolm

1 Like