LOTR - The Rings Of Power 🧙

Whether you’re a Lord of The Rings fan or not. This recently released and long awaited series by Amazon Prime has raised several interesting and sometimes controversial talking points.

The Rings Of Power is an American fantasy TV series, which is based on the novel The Lord of the Rings and also appendices to the novel by J. R. R. Tolkien.

For me, one of the most interesting things about the series if the presence of three Welsh actors amongst the cast -

• Morfydd Clark - Galadriel the “Lady” of the woods of LothlĂłrien

• Owain Arthur - Durin IV the King of Durin’s Folk and of Khazad-dĂ»m in the Second Age

• Trystan Gravelle - Ar-PharazĂ´n the Golden the twenty-fifth and last King of NĂşmenor

This of course follows…

• John Rhys-Davies who portrayed the Dwarf Gimli and the voice of Treebeard in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy

• Luke Evans who played Bard the Bowman in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. He also plays his character’s ancestor, Girion Lord of Dale, in a brief flashback.

• Jeffrey Thomas who portrayed the Dwarf king ThrĂłr in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

• John Bach who played the character Madril The Two Towers and The Return of the King

We all know that Tolkein loved the Welsh language and his visits to Wales had a great influence on him, an influence which in time inspired him as he created the peoples and languages of middle earth. To learn more about his connection with Wales, click on the following link -

We as a family are passionate LOTR fans and greatly enjoyed the first two episodes of the series and look forward very much to watching more

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look forward to reading about Tolkien and Cymru. I also really enjoyed the webinar about the links between Cymraeg and Elvish that @Deborah-SSi shared a while ago. Good to know that you all give the series a thumbs up… I’ve been unsure about giving it a go. Once seen it can’t be unseen!