Looks like a misunderstanding to me

Is that similar to the Irish stew?:slight_smile:

Iirish stew is a fast food version of Welsh Cawl with better marketing

1 Like

To a Liverpudlian Irish stew is just watered down scouse!

2 Likes

Curry is almost never like Irish Stew except in Fawlty Towers where it is reliably so. It goes particularly well with their Waldorf salad - when Waldorfs are in season, that is,

Justin

1 Like

I thought watered down scouse is the way a Liverpudlian speaks in London when they want to get understood.

1 Like

I only heard about it (the Irish stew) from the Three men in a boat:)

1 Like

You seem to be on food now! Or music?
Is there still a thread on reading? Please direct me @tatjana, @aran, @owainlurch or @seren or anyone! (Case in point, canā€™t remember how to spell ā€˜anyoneā€™ in Cymraeg, too lazy to ;look it upā€¦ reading good for improving spelling!! In fact try @ramblingjohn in ā€˜Whatā€™s outsideā€™ and there is loads to read!!

Ah now I understand the confusion between Irish Stew and Currry - perhaps one of them was from Ireland, the second from Madras and the third Manuel from Fawlty Towers,

Justin

I would like to have a thread on reading, maybe we can talk someone else into it?:slight_smile:

1 Like

There have been several. e.g.

Tagging @henddraig

They are normally just threads with advice on whether to start reading, and when to do it, and what to read, and I think it would be so great to have a thread where we could discuss different books, in Cymraeg or in Saesneg:)

1 Like

I have finally decided to get my own copy of Y Mabinogion, in Cymraeg!

2 Likes

You do have the user ability to open a new thread, donā€™t you?..:wink:

[/close-hint]

1 Like

I do, but Iā€™m trying to test the waters first, maybe nobody else is interested!

2 Likes

Go for it - thereā€™s lots of interest;,

Justin

Whatā€™s the phrase? ā€œIf you make it, they will comeā€?

3 Likes

Well, Iā€™m giving it a try:)

3 Likes