Looking for learners for a radio quiz

THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN IN 2022 - SCROLL DOWN FOR THE LATEST!!

Do you fancy taking part in a quiz for learners on the radio during learners week 2021 on Radio Cymru? :slightly_smiling_face:

Cystadleu-iaith: a quiz for Welsh learners on BBC Radio Cymru
Quiz for Learners on BBC Radio Cymru - an invitation to take part.

BBC Radio Cymru has commissioned us to make 5 quiz programmes for people who have, and are learning, Welsh. The programmes will be broadcast during Wythnos y Dysgwyr on Radio Cymru:
Daily at 12:30, October 11 - 15

Would you be willing to take part?

Format: 2 teams with 2 in each team. Competitors do not need to know each other and will be llocated a fellow team member following discussion with the production team.
8 teams will compete:
Monday, October 11 Programme 1 - Team A v Team B - winner 1
Tuesday, October 12, Programme 2 - Team C v Team CH - winner 2
Wednesday, October 13 Programme 3 - Team D v Team DD winner 3
Thursday, 14 October - Programme 4 - Team E v Team F - winner 4
Friday, October 15 Programme 5 - the final with the 2 winners with the highest scores.

Noel James and Gaynor Jones will be the presenters. Noel and Gaynor will be in one of the BBC studios in Cardiff and the competitors with be at home. I hope we can arrange for people to see each other as well.

I have provisionally booked a studio to record the programmes on the following days:

Sunday, September 12, Programmes 1 & 2
Monday, September 13, Programmes 3 & 4
Tuesday, September 14, the final with the 2 highest scoring teams.

I haven’t booked the times on those days yet - in order to find out when people are available.

If you are willing to take part, would you please let me know when you are available on the following days:
Sunday, September 12 -
Monday, September 13 -
Tuesday, September 14 -
Please give as much information as possible.

If you would like more details please let me know and I can call you at a time that suits you.
Cofion cynnes,
Dinah

Dinah Jones
dinah@silin.co.uk
Cynhyrchydd Radio a Theledu Annibynnol/Independent Radio and TV Producer

SILIN
+44 (0) 1570 421 994
+44 (0) 7804 260042
http://www.silin.co.uk/

2 Likes

So this means this is open to SSiWers living all over the world to take part, as long as you can be available during the recording hours :sleeping:

2 Likes

This was a very successful quiz show on Radio Cymru last year and those who participated really enjoyed the experience. It’s on again this year and they’re looking for participants able to record on the specified days.

Annwyl siaradwr Cymraeg newydd. / Dear new Welsh speakers

Bydd y gyfres cwis, Cystadleu-iaith, yn cael ei darlledu yn yr Hydref ar BBC Radio Cymru. / The quiz series Cystadleu-iaith will be broadcast on BBC Radio Cymru in the autumn.

Bydd 8 tim gyda 2 ym mhob tim. / There will be 8 teams with 2 in each team.

Bydd 7 rhaglen: / There will be 7 programmes:

• Rownd gyntaf o 4 rhaglen. / First round of 4 programmes.
  • Bydd y 4 tim buddugiol wedyn yn cystadlu yn rownd 2 (2 raglen) / Then the 4 successful teams will compete in round 2 (2 programmes)
  • A’r ddau dim buddugol yn cystadlu wedyn yn y ffeinal. / And the 2 successful teams will then compete in the final.

Y llynedd roedd pawb ar Zoom (i weld ei gilydd) ac ar system recordio digidol. Mae na bosibilrwydd eleni y bydd rhai cystadleuwyr, os yn gyfleus, yn gallu bod mewn stiwdio. Ond mae hynny i’w gadarnhau.

Last year everyone was on Zoom (to see each other) and on a digital recording system. There’s a possibility this year that some competitors, if it’s convenient, can be in a studio. But that’s still to be confirmed.

Dyma fydd y dyddiadau recordio: / These will be the recording days:

Gorff 12fed / July 12th - 17:30 - 20:30 - 2 raglen / 2 programmes

• Rhaglen 1 - 18:00 - 19:00
  • Rhaglen 2 - 19:30 - 20:30

Gorff 13eg / July 13th - 17:30 - 20:30 - 2 raglen / 2 programmes

• Rhaglen 3 - 18:00 - 19:10
  • Rhaglen 4 - 19:30 - 20:30

Medi 7fed / Sept 7th - 17:30 - 20:30 - 2 raglen / 2 programmes

• Rhaglen 5 - 18:00 - 19:00
  • Rhaglen 6 - 19:30 - 20:30

Medi 21ain / Sept 21st - 17:30 - 19:30 - 1 raglen / 1 programme

• Rhaglen 7 - 18:00 - 19:00 - y ffeinal / the final

Os hoffech wybod mwy cysylltwch ar / If you’d like to know more contact post@silin.co.uk.

Diolch a Phob hwyl,

Dinah

Dinah Jones

Cynhyrchydd Radio a Theledu Annibynnol/Independent Radio and TV Producer

SILIN
+44 (0) 7804 260042