Looking for a Skype partner

Hello again, fellows!

Would you think that there would be anyone on the site that would be willing to do Skype calls on some sort of basis, like biweekly or maybe weekly? Preferably that is fairly fluent in Welsh.
It would be a great aid to me learning the language, and it could probably help my grade on the course. (Keeping in mind that I’m starting with really minimal exposure to the language and love in the Easter Standard Timezone in the USA)

1 Like

[Just gave this its own topic so you’ll have more chance of finding someone… :sunny:]

I’d recommend you don’t worry too much about finding a ‘fluent’ partner - as long as you find someone at the same level (or slightly higher) than yourself, you’ll be able to practice saying all the stuff you can say, which is the most important part of conversation practice at this stage… :sunny:

1 Like

I’m back on Course 1 again after some time away dealing with life. Would love to use Skype or Google+ for chat ,typing or text as well. Name is seumasdomhnal on Skype and Seumas Dòmhnal Ross on Google. Also use Facebook under the same name. Please add me!

2 Likes

@jamesdonaldross - Seumas - have you tried contacting Lewie here? He’s the listed contact for the SSiW group in Portland (though I don’t know how active it currently is). I’m also adding you to the map in Vancouver (WA).

2 Likes

I wrote you on fb. I would like to practice writing too.

1 Like

Hi there,

Every saturday afternoon there is a skype group call organised to be do- able for the USA and europe.

Please see meet-up info. It is organised by Jeanne Prendergast… I hope I am remembering her name correctly. The group is looking for active members so please consider joining.

Warm wishes,
Elkie

1 Like

Sorry, I tried to lokate the topic you’re suggesting to put a link in here but I couldn’t find one. Can you be more specific or post the link to the topic or particular post yourself?

Well it’s just a suggestion so that members have easier orientation toward informations they’d need for joining and similar.

1 Like

This is the specific topic Elkie was referring to: Virtual Intercontinental Meetup
You can also find information on othert meetups - both virtual and in-person - in the meetups area on this forum.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr, Sionned!!

1 Like