London Welsh Centre one-day course on Saturday, March 30

http://www.londonwelsh.org/learn-welsh/cwrs-undydd-one-day-course/

2 Likes

Damn, I’d totally be there but I will be in Cardiff visiting my brother and house hunting! Have fun :slight_smile:

Lucky you. Wish I was house hunting in Cardiff. Which part of the city are you looking at?

to be honest we are open to all areas as it’s all very close to the centre. Having got used to london where you are 8 miles out and still considered in the centre it’s pretty nice with the prospect of being able to walk to work!

1 Like

On the summary someone was asking about the one day course. I’m not sure whether here is the right place to answer but will give it a go. I have been to many of these. As I recall they are now divided into three levels; beginners, intermediate and advanced/fluent. There used to be more, but it got cut to three. That can mean that there is a bit of a variation of level and experience in the groups.
I’m someone who is now fluent (having come back to learning welsh my second language) and really enjoy the opportunity to speak and extend my Welsh. I think the other levels will also include a mixture of activities and conversation. They day runs from 9.30 or 10 (can’t remember which) till abut 3.30 and is friendly and informal. It is not always the same tutors so what is taught will depend to some extent on the tutor. Every tutor I have had has been good though. Well worth going, I would say.

4 Likes

I agree. There are three levels, the tutors change from one course to the next. I’ve done the Intermediate course three times and each time had a different tutor. The levels are a bit broad, but it works OK as the tutors know that they are going to get a bit of a mix of levels.

The only thing that I’d add is that the cost of the course includes a free drink in the bar at the end of the day. I go along with others on the course, and we continue to chat for an hour or so afterwards.

I will be there on Saturday (doing Intermediate again), if anyone wants to say ‘Hi!’.

3 Likes

I usually find most one day courses are fairly flexible in terms of allowing learners to switch to a different level on the day if they suddenly find what they put their name down for originally is too easy or hard.

1 Like

Yes, the one-day course at the London Welsh Centre encourages people to change if they are in the wrong level.

1 Like