Llanelli meet up

Hi, I’m on challenge 23 level 1 and I need to bite the bullet on practising speaking with others. Anyone out there from Llanelli and surrounding area willing to meet up to chat over a coffee outside.

Not keen on zoom etc
Thanks
Deb

I hope you get some practice partners soon, Deborah. Have you also tried typing LLanelli in to the search box to see what comes up? All the best! :slight_smile:

Hi Deborah, I live in Burry Port and we’re hoping to start up a Welsh conversation group, hopefully before too long… Was waiting until we could safely meet up. Not me organising it, but it’d be great if we get it off the ground and you could come along. Are you on Facebook? You could send me a message and then we’d be in touch…
I’ll never find you on here again!!

1 Like

Great news, yes I am on Facebook. Will try and message you

1 Like

@deborah-chapman @selina-medwell There has been a lively and friendly Llanelli group since before the pandemic. @aliC is the coordinator for that, so will have more information for you on what’s happening at present :slight_smile:

And @deborah-chapman. I’m interested too. Halfway through Level 2 and in Kidwelly :blush:

There is a group that meets in The Fisherman’s Arms in Kidwelly (or rather they did - they are using other venues at the moment). Unfortunately, they meet in the mornings when I’m at work.
There’s also a group in Llanelli who used to meet in The Colliers in Furnace. Think they are doing online only at the moment

S’mae @deborah-chapman @selina-medwell
The Clwb Clecs Llanelli group meets every Monday evening at 7:30 pm, usually for an hour. We are still meeting online via Zoom at the moment and you are very welcome to dip in, say hello and stay a while :smiley:
We are all learners - except for one who keeps us on the right track if we deviate. Sometimes we’ll read from Lingo Newydd, sometimes we have a game or just chat (if someone has some interesting gossip).
I’m guessing that you use Slack? If so just add the Clwb Clecs Llanelli channel and look for the link on Monday evening.
Hope to meet you ‘ar-lein’ soon
Hwyl
Karen

1 Like

This is in the open Welsh Speaking Practice Slack group, so if you’re not a member already, just let me know that you’d like to join and I’ll email you an Invitation :slight_smile:

1 Like