Liverpool SSiW 2020

Another year, another thread…
Our learners’ groups (beginners and experienced) will meet for the first time this year tomorrow, Monday 6th January. The venue for both, as usual, will be:

Canolfan Cymry Lerpwl
Capel Bethel
Auckland Road
L18 0HX

Doors open a little after 7:00, the two parallel language sessions start at 7:30, amser paned is about 8:30, then the centre closes at 9:00 or thereabouts.

Croeso cynnes i bawb!

1 Like

Thank you for these updates! :slight_smile:

Croeso!

We’re still meeting every Monday at the usual time (see above) in Bethel and we expect to continue this until Easter, at which point we are likely to miss one week. Any variations in date, time, or venue will be posted here. Update: see below. Covid 19 has caused our plans to change. Meetings are cancelled.

Covid 19 precautions
Bethel will be closed from today until further notice, but this time our group will not be booking a table at the pub instead. I’ll post further news here as and when it becomes available.

Bethel Ar-Lein
The Liverpool group now meets on-line using Zoom, at our usual time of 7:30 each Monday evening. If you’d like to join us, please contact me by e-mail at bethel.learners@btinternet.com and I’ll send you details of how to connect.
Croeso cynnes i bawb, nid jyst y Sgowsars!

Meic please let me know when physical meets take place again as i cant do the on line sessions as theres another meeting on line in the house

Helo, Meic arall,

I don’t think we’re likely to be meeting face-to-face for a long time yet, but there are several possibilities which you might consider for continuing your Welsh on-line:

• It is possible to have two on-line meetings in the same house at the same time if you have two suitable devices (smartphone, tablet, or computer) and reasonable broadband.

• You can also join a Zoom call by old-fashioned telephone if the host configures the meeting settings to allow it.

• The Preston learners meet over Zoom on a different day from Bethel. I can introduce you to them if you’d like me to. Their leader (Anne) takes part in our Bethel Ar-Lein conversation sessions on Mondays.

Please email me if you’re interested in any of the possibilities above and need any help.

Hwyl, Mike F.

PS: The Swedish group has moved on-line too. We meet on Thursdays at 7pm om du vill prata svenska med oss!

1 Like