Liverpool SSiW 2019

Here’s a new thread for the new year. Our group still meets at 7:30 on most Monday evenings at the Liverpool Welsh Centre near Penny Lane. There will be a note on this thread whenever we are not going to meet there. On those occasions we usually meet in a nearby pub - and post the details here, of course.

We have two groups which meet simultaneously, in different rooms, then come together for Amser Paned. One is for beginners, the other is for experienced learners. New members are welcome. For more details follow the link above, or contact me on the forum.

Mike Farnworth
Liverpool Welsh Language Group

3 Likes

Hi Mike, hope you’re well. Is there a meet-up tonight?

Thanks,

Luke.

I’m fine, thanks. I’ve just replied to your e-mail. See you tonight at Bethel, then!

Diolch, Mike. See you later!

Early start Monday 4th February

Please be aware that our start time on 4th February will be seven o’clock on the dot, thirty minutes earlier than usual. It will be a joint meeting with Cymdeithas Lenyddol Bethel, at which a Welsh film with English subtitles will be shown. There will be a bilingual introduction before the film starts - and there might even be popcorn…

2 Likes

Lecture on Monday 11th February
We’re having another joint meeting next week, this time with The University of Wales Guild of Graduates. I will be giving a talk in English entitled “Welsh Liverpool and The Liverpool Welsh”, after which there will be the customary paned/bisgedi/sgwrs session in Welsh, English or Wenglish. Start time will be 7:30 as usual.

1 Like

Yn y dafarn ar yr 1af o Ebrill
Bethel is closed next Monday evening, 1st April, so we will be over the road in The Richmond Tavern instead. We have a table booked from 7:15 so that we’ll be ready to start at 7:30 prompt.

2 Likes

Back to Bethel
We’ll be meeting at Bethel again tonight, as usual. Welaf i chi yno!

Easter Break
The Liverpool group is taking a one-week break for Easter. We won’t have a meeting on Easter Monday, 22nd April, but will resume one week later with a meeting at Bethel on 29th. Doors open at 7:00 for a 7:30 start as usual.

3 Likes

Bank holiday - it’s the pub again

Bethel is closed on Monday 6th May, so I’ve reserved a table for us in The Richmond Tavern as usual. I look forward to seeing you there, if you’re able to attend.

13th May - Bethel as usual

We’ll be back at Bethel again tomorrow, Monday 13th May. Doors open at 7pm, meeting starts 7.30.

Yet another bank holiday, yet another trip to the pub

Bethel is closed on Monday 27th May, so we’ll be in the Richmond Tavern again. See above for a link to their web site if you haven’t been there before. The table’s booked from 7:15.

1 Like

Dry June

We’re back at Bethel again on Monday 3rd June and will continue to meet there until it closes for the holiday season in a few weeks’ time.

Wet July

Bethel will now be closed on Monday evenings until the beginning of September. I’ve booked a table for us next Monday, 22nd July, from 7:15 onwards. If all goes well it should be in our usual corner of the pub, near to the car park.

1 Like

Back to Bethel

Now that the Summer holiday season is (largely) past we are going to resume holding meetings at Bethel instead of in the pub. The first one will be on Moday evening, 2nd September. Doors open just after 7:00 for a prompt 7:30 start.

1 Like

Last meeting before Nadolig
Bethel will not be open on Monday 16th December. Gareth is therefore planning to book a table for our group at The Richmond Tavern. Please post a note on this thread by noon on 16th if you’re planning to go, but are not already in touch with Gareth, so that we can warn you if the meeting has to be cancelled.

New thread for 2020
This thread is now obsolete, but you can find the new one here.