Live group video test - happening now - fancy helping?!

Just testing stuff ahead of the 6 month call tonight… anyone fancy following this link and letting me know if you can see/take part/etc?!

So, it looks as though that’s view only… how about this?

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/ndhxjxi4njfrraicntoxneafiye

Haia Aran, just letting you know that the call stays even after you leave :smiley:

1 Like

No way?! What, you were still on with Iestyn? That’s kind of odd, Google!

1 Like

Yup :smile:

Almost as worrying as you being able to mute me! :angry:

:smiley:

2 Likes

O, a gyda llaw… The broadcast on youtube shows Peter the entire time instead of doing the switching around thing. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh dear, that’s extremely disconcerting!

2 Likes

Nevermind! It switches at some point, but still doesn’t do the switching-around-based-on-the-loudness thing…

1 Like

Oh, that @PeterG! [Aran slowly joins the dots…;-)]

I think that the final cut shows the focus changing to whoever I’d been switching it to, so it does seem it would be worth chopping and changing a bit there after all… :slight_smile:

Blydi hel, Pete, ti’n deall yn wych! Llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn! :star: :star2:

1 Like

If you go to 20.40 for a few seconds from there on, you see the camera switching as I say ‘Ifan, Milla…’ - so that seems to be what’s happening…

1 Like

Yeah, just got to that part :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t lose any sleep over it, though - it’s not a particularly valuable video in and of itself (although it was HUGELY helpful to me - diolch yn fawr iawn to you all!) - so I’ll be deleting it pretty soon… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ie, dyna fi, @aran! The joys of ‘working’ from home enabled me to join in! Diolch am y ganmoliaeth(?).

Understanding is one thing - stage fright seemed to empty my brain of anything to actually say in Welsh!

1 Like

That’s a relief! :slight_smile:

That’s par for the course - you’ll break through it pretty comprehensively the first time you get a chance for a 1-on-1 chat for two or three hours… :slight_smile:

On second thought, maybe I should leave it up there, as a little footnote in the history of SSiW… :slight_smile:

[quote=“aran, post:16, topic:11044, full:true”]

That’s par for the course - you’ll break through it pretty comprehensively the first time you get a chance for a 1-on-1 chat for two or three hours… :slight_smile: [/quote]

Practising speaking more is definitely on my agenda this year! (@Novem and @philipnewton have already kindly indulged me for a couple of shaky Skype chats, plus i’ve dialled into a couple of @ramblingjohn’s Skype groups). But talking Welsh for 2 to 3 hours would probably send me into meltdown at this stage! :slight_smile:

On second thought, maybe I should leave it up there, as a little footnote in the history of SSiW… :slight_smile:

Aarrgghhh!!!

3 Likes

I would expect the brain melt to kick in after about 40 to 60 minutes - but the time you spend beyond that, punch-drunk, can do seriously magical stuff… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I must try it!

1 Like