Listening practice double speed

Nearly burst out laughing in public at the very sped up voices of the second level one listening practice. I recognise the odd word of people speaking early days to understand it all yet.
At least it’s amusing me. :joy: Mae’n ddrwg da fi. It cheered me up on my way to work this morning.

6 Likes

I had the same reaction at first, thought I had accidentally set it to double speed somehow on my phone.

4 Likes

I laughed the first time I heard it too, but I was alone in my kitchen. :wink: I don’t think you’re meant to understand it, at least not right away. I’ve seen in various posts that listening and trying is the important part and that your brain is going through massive changes even though your head is spinning. I find I understand quite a bit after a few plays though! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am going to trust the process, because Aran seems such a nice and reasonable-sounding sort of chap. He could probably make a good living selling used cars.

But dear me, after my first listen to the double speed practice, my brain feels ready to drip out of my ears.

3 Likes

Trust - yes :slight_smile:
But listen while you’re doing something else, rather than focusing hard on it - be that sweeping, washing, washing up… (a physical something else, not a mental one!). If you work on a challenge after listening to one of the listening practices, you’ll probably be amazed at how much slower it seems…

4 Likes