Level 2 Challenge 9

I found this the most difficult of the lessons so far. I couldn’t quite fathom out the “na” in one of the answers. Have I missed something?
Those of us who have learned basic Welsh in evening classes, albeit sometime ago must be a bit confused.

A “na” is a "negative ‘that’ ", but without the full sentence, it’s hard for me to explain much more than that.

But hang on in there - it’ll crop up again and will begin to make sense the more you come across it.

1 Like

Hi. I thought the same, the ‘nag o’n nhw moyn’ ( that they didnt want) seemed to come from nowhere without any warning, kinda annoying that it just got dropped in like that, but after a few listens it started to fix in the brain. I’m finding welsh a bit like this, say for eg we didnt want to explain ‘do’n ni ddim yn moyn esbonio’ but then later on in the lesson ’ they didnt want to explain’ ‘nag o’n nhw moyn esbonio’ so what happened to the ‘do’n nhw ddim’. feels completely random sometimes.

1 Like

It does come back up again. I’m struggling with Sa i and so fe’n… Rather than dw i ddim or mae e ddim if I got that right… But Ill get used to it.
Surprising how much sticks