Level 1 - how do I say 'YES!' in Welsh if I get something right?!

SIMPLE question from Ann - currently doing level 1

3 Likes

This is meant to be my question in Welsh - I wasnā€™t trying to post it here! :confused:

2 Likes

1 Like

Just flagging @Deborah-SSi and @aran so that they donā€™t miss this and you can get your green badge!

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr @siaronjames - for answer and flagging :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve had to concentrate on answer, but think Iā€™ve got it nowā€¦
Youā€™re saying that you havenā€™t spoken Welsh to anybody today ā€¦ but now you have. Assuming the end is ā€˜ond rwan dw i wediā€™!
(Iā€™m doing Southern Welsh, and started thinking rhywun - but word didnā€™t sound quite like that - so looked up what it sounded more like, and found rwan :grinning:. I only knew nawr before).

Spot on Ann! :smiley: Yes, rwan is the Northern version of nawr :wink:

1 Like

That happened to me too, and it took a couple of chats before I realised I needed to check on what exactly was being said - rwan - rather than just an obscure bit of info about rhywun that seemed irrelevant to the conversation. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, Rwan is Nawr backwards :wink:
Not really :smiley:

PS, I suppose itā€™s ā€œie!ā€. Sort of ā€œYay!ā€ in this case.

Hereā€™s my answer. Iā€™ve been speaking for a while now and still nervous on Soundcloud :frowning:

1 Like

Diolch @JohnYoung - I appreciate your answer, though a bit still eludes meā€¦ Working out ā€˜canolfan Cymraegā€™ was a big jump, as I then thought I remembered something from Deeā€™s list - and a check revealed TÅ· Taweā€¦

=> I think youā€™re saying that youā€™ve just spoken with a lot of peopleā€¦ in a Welsh centre, TÅ· Tawe, in Swansea.

If you could help me out with my ā€˜blank bitā€™ Iā€™d appreciate it - itā€™s taken me a while to get this far, so Iā€™m hoping the rest is OK!

2 Likes

ā€œShwmai Ann. Ydy, dwi newydd siarad gyda llawer o bobl y bore 'ma yn y canolfan Cymraeg TÅ· Tawe yn Abertawe, hwyl.ā€

All you missed was the ā€œy bore 'maā€ bit which is ā€œthis morningā€.

1 Like

Wow - thatā€™s SO helpful.
Diolch yn fawr iawn! :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got my green badge!! - thank you so much for flagging :smiley:
Diolch yn fawr iawn!!

5 Likes