Level 1 Challenge 6 Higher Repetition Learners

Please could anyone assist. In the video discussing Higher Repetition Learners. One of the 3 deficiencies identified was a ‘weak working memory’. There were good solution suggested foe each identified deficiency. Part of the recommended solution for a ‘weak working memory’, was to use the ‘video lessons with English prompts’, for the challenges.

Firstly, does such a facility exist with the SSIW course structure, yes or no, and if it does, and hopefully it does, where does it exist, and how can it be used to provide assistance for the challenges.

If this is the case I would be grateful for any information, as this may be the help I need to progress. Thanks

Hi! The videos mentioned were an aspiration at the time, but they didn’t get made in the end. There are lots of other ideas for help with memory here on the Forum though (use the Search). In particular, that is a fabulous little video by @margarethall somewhere :slight_smile:

Here’s the video @Cetra mentioned:

One thing I can add is that I took the English prompt tip seriously: I transcribed the sentences of Level 3 Challenges (which I had attempted a few times and always found them really hard).
So even though not on a video, I could read the English sentences - which I otherwise would forget, except the very first 2 words and/or the last 2 - then say almost a full sentence in Welsh too!

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Gisella! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Cetra, thanks for the reply. I had a suspicion that the videos mentioned didn’t exist, as I had spent a couple of days searching for them. Its a pity, because it sounded a great idea to assist with the learning. But Ill carry on plodding through for the time being and hope that things get better. but thanks for taking the time to reply.

1 Like

Hi Gisella, thank you for your reply and advice. I will certainly give this a go and see if it helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing up the topic of Poor Working Memory. I was beginning to think it was only me, though it’s not too bad. However, Margaret Hall’s video was so helpful and I shall follow some of her advice. Diolch yn fawr.

3 Likes

That’s such a pity the videos weren’t made as I really am struggling , every sentence I leave a word out or miss yet or something of the end as soon as I hear the welsh it’s like damned I missed and I know the word.
I am beginning to concentrate less on learning new words now but more on remembering what I am supposed to be translating into welsh.

Genius , and so obvious Thankyou it’s exactly where I am stuck lesson 3 seems very hard with very long sentences.