Level 1 challenge 13 - help please

can I please ask if someone can write out the Welsh for “Someone I work with wanted to tell you something interesting” - it is going too fast for me to pick it out but i think I’ve got the last half wrong - it’s sounds like “ti’n moyn” but can’t be that. That’s the only thing when it goes normal speed - I can’t understand what is being said if I’ve got it wrong- and can’t jot down the correct version as i can’t make it out- otherwise it’s great! :wink:

1 Like

Roedd rhywun dwi’n gweithio gyda eisiau dweud wrthot ti rhywbeth diddorol.
‘Moyn’ (colloquial) instead of 'eisiau" could also be used, eisiau is commonly used everwhere.
As usual, there could be more than one way of translating any sentence.
Moyn comes from ymofyn.

1 Like

Do you have the timecode? I’ve flicked through and can’t find the exact phrase.
I’m so used to Northern now, I just wanted to check I was giving you the right thing in Southern, but since I can’t find it right now, maybe you can check this against the recording - I’d say:

O’dd rhywun sy’n gweithio gyda fi moyn dweud rhywbeth diddorol wrthot ti.

1 Like

diolch- I’ve read both yours and Siaron’s replies and it’s the one Siaron used- but thanks for trying to help- guess i need to remember to say which course I’m on - South- my fault! :smiley:

1 Like

that’s the one - yes I’m South- probably due to speed I’m hearing the gyda fi moyn as ti’n moyn- - I have to repeat the lesson so will jot down the answer- I think I got it more or less right but it sounds different at full speed- but doesn’t every language! (I’m not that bad at straight forward French but can’t understand it at normal speed!) :smiley:

2 Likes