Lessons Won't Load on Android Phone

Hi everyone. I hope this is the right place to this question. I’ve downloaded the SSIW app to my android phone after using the course as MP3s on my iPod. Great for the motorway! Anyway, the app loads ok but when I load the lessons, a message appears asking me to reload due a problem playing back. Every time I reload, the same message appears. What can I do? My partner’s iPhone works no problem. Thanks. Eddie.

Hi EddieJohn1,
I never had this problem, but let’s see if we can figure it out.

So within the app you choose a challenge, click on the little cloud icon on the right, it starts “downloading”.
When it’s ready, it turns into an arrow (or greater-than sign).
You click on the challenge and…in may case it opens a player and the lesson starts.
While at this point you get the error message?

p.s. in any case, I’m just another use, so we can also summon the expert :slight_smile: @jamesmahoney

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the reply. The file loads and shows as ready to play. When I click on the ‘arrow’, the failure notice appears.

Helo, EddieJohn1 - croeso i’r ffrwm! Welcome to the forum! I’m NOT the SSiW tech-guru and I’ve not experienced your problem but others have and my recommendation to them was to uninstall the app and download it again. This should solve your problem. It’s rare, but sometimes when downloading an app, a transmission glitch occurs, or as my Wife calls it, little demonic elves wrecking havoc with her phone. :japanese_ogre: Somewhere a coding error occurred and the easiest solution is to reinstall the app.

If that doesn’t work, let us know.

1 Like

Hey Delaware.
Diolch yn fawr iawn! Unfortunately, I’ve reinstalled the app 6 times and still no joy. Also, after I’ve logged in, I get a message saying the app couldn’t download new content as I’m not a current member! But my details are all correct as it shows me correctly logged in on the app and I’m not logged in anywhere else. What I’ll do is install the app on my old android phone and see how it goes.

The app works on my old android phone! Will use that one for now. Ed.

Hi @EddieJohn1, sorry to hear of your woes! (Thanks everyone for the advice above).

We can try and diagnose the issue with your new phone if you’d like.

The support screen is available from Settings:

If you check the “Enabled detailed logging” checkbox and then retry playing a lesson a few times you can then send me the log and I can try and see what the issue is…

1 Like