Learn The Welsh National Anthem with SSi and WIN! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Learn the Welsh National Anthem, ‘Hen Wlad fy Nhadau’ using the SSi methodology here:

5 Likes

I really loved doing a new lesson with Ssi, even though I knew the words already. But I never knew what the second line of the chorus meant. Thank you for explaining.
I noticed some mistakes in the third and fourth lesson. Catrin omits words or says only one word instead of a sentence. It’s not a big thing, one can easily follow the lesson listening to Aran’s translation.
At the end of the fourth lesson the lyrics of the whole song are repeated, but for the second line the prompt ( and the translation) is : “a country of excellent famous people and singers”.

2 Likes

You beat me to it @brigitte. I was going to mention the same things.
It’s a great idea and lots of fun. I used to get a bit tangled with the gwrol rhyfelwyr but I shall remember them now. (I tried spelling that gwyrol at first, but it seems to mean deviant. Oh dear.)
Sue

Diolch for this @brigitte! We’re in the process of checking through everything and fixing what we can. :slightly_smiling_face:

It should be good by this afternoon! Let us know if it works for you. XXX

Yep, everything is fine now. Diolch eto.

1 Like

I’ve only done the first few minutes for curiosity while trying to convince others to have a go so I dont know if it’s like this all the way through but … the spaces seem ENORMOUS! Is that on purpose?

Tried just the first one and it seems great.
Of course, I take it that the course is open to all and no prior SSi is assumed, which I guess is why the pace is quite slow and not using connected speech initially.

Just one thing I noticed which I thought I would raise to hopefully be constructive since it’s been mentioned that some checks and fixes are being made:
In Lesson 1 starting at around 12:30, the speakers seem to say different answers:
gwlad beirdd a chantorion o fri
gwlad beirdd o fri a chantorion

Enjoying it a lot so far and looking forwards to trying the remaining lessons asap, as well as hopefully any other traditional Welsh songs in the future :slight_smile:

This is very valuable information, diolch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you going to the Wales v All Blacks rugby International in Cardiff this afternoon? Or watching it on the screen?

You’ve still time to learn Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau before the match!

Ewch amdani! Go for it!

We have teamed up with the WalGochFestival, Wrexham and today we have launched a very special competition where you can win Welsh lessons for life!

To find out more about this fabulous competiton click on the link below! :notes: :star2:

And please help us spread the word by sharing this link far and wide! :smiley: DIOLCH!

1 Like

Fancy learning the national anthem then singing it as the group Queen would have?

1 Like

Dob’t forget about our national anthem competition! :smiley: