Lay out of Advanced Learning page

:astonished:

Yeah, that’s a good starting point! :sweat_smile:
However 044 seems fine (apart from the non standard name (BecaaiPhobl044tr.pdf while all the others have just a t after the number).

It’s the one above it in the webpage layout that’s wrong (not sure inwhich order/how they appear when you have to upload them, though)

1 Like

So. I’m getting Gwyddfid Jones 37 for both Stori Dwy Steddfod 01 and Beca a’i Phobol 044. And Arfon Jones 043 seems to have the 044 transcript. My brain has actually melted…

Yeah I changed the name to …tr to try and break the glitch. So there is an angharad elen 044 transcript there, yeah? Because it’s still opening as Gwyddfid Jones 037 for me!
How about the Stori Dwy Steddfod 01 transcript? I‘m getting Gwyddfid Jones for that too!

I’m going to do the log off log on, switch off switch on thing… :crossed_fingers:t3:

Right, soooo… drum roll… Stori Dwy Steddfod 01 is now showing up correctly for me and Beca a’i Phobl 044 is ok for you, so maybe we’ve cracked it?! There must be something weird with the 037 file that makes it sit like a cuckoo in files that it’s not supposed to be in! :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yesssssss, they both seem correct to me.

So unless Gwyddfid Jones’s cuckoo doesn’t lay other transcripts eggs around - it should be fine! :rofl:

1 Like

Well thank goodness for that! I literally feel a hundred years old now! I must go and lie down in a darkened room for a bit! :rofl:

2 Likes

All part of the fun of audio podcasts. I just assumed that file C for Saesneg and T for Cymraeg was just to get our brains going :slight_smile:

To be honest I love the rare minor glitches in the Challenges also, as it keeps them genuine, a bit like a Persian rug.

Incidentally, the (non-SSiW) Gaelic dictionary that I have, routinely omits entire words or even groups of words in the Gaelic audio recording, to allow you to insert “or other equivalents as applicable”. It had me going for a while but now I need to untrain myself from saying “Good morning, every” instead of …“everyone”. A sort of a Pob instead of Pawb equivalent :frowning:

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Lay out of Advanced Learning page:

What have I started ? - you must be anxiously awaiting my next query or perhaps not , and alternatively setting up a petition to rescind my membership in order to prevent a recurrence!!! Yesterday I was overwhelmed to see over 20 emails in my in box and for a moment I thought that as it was 7th. May they must all be to wish me ‘Penblwyddyn Happus’. Brief reflection made me realise that this was undue optimism as careful inspection of the list indicated that they were all from the same two individuals. Diolch yn fawr iawn iawn for all your determined efforts to resolve the issue. Hwyl am y tro, but watch this space!

PS This reply was written on 8th May but sending it proved to be a problem but now happily resolved!!!

1 Like

Sorry for filling up your mailbox with our ping-pong comments.
Can we make it up for your and add a late “Penblwydd Hapus”? :birthday:

p.s. when you create a topic you automatically get a notice whenever someone make a comment. This seems solved, so you shouldn’t be overwhelmed again, but for the future, you can click on “tracking” at the bottom below this comment and see if you want to reduce the amount of notifications!

Thank you again, and for my birthday good wishes.

Not to worry about my inbox filling up. I am used to it but it is usually after I return from holiday. Useful to have the tracking option but when writing my original post I had no idea that it would generate such a response! I’ll be more wary another time! :+1::grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, ‘trawsgrif’ and ‘cyfieithiad’ - you can blame @aran for that! :rofl::rofl:
I’ve done ‘Cymraeg’ and ‘Saesneg’ for the fictional stuff as they’re not so much translations as versions, which perhaps confuses things even more! But hey, it keeps you on your toes…! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, we’re a chatty bunch!

1 Like

Hi Beca. Me and my big mouth. I felt guilty when I noticed that you had changed the names because of me. I was only joking and to be fair, it helped me to learn two impressive words.

1 Like

Oh I know you were pulling my leg! You’ll be miles ahead of the majority of first language speakers with those two words!

1 Like