"Lan y Lawr" on S4C

Ah, ja. Wasn’t aware there’s something else if you scroll down. Now I see, yes. Diolch.

2 Likes

I just have to say that this second series of Lan a Lawr is brilliant! If there’s something S4C does well it’s make drama series with interesting characters.

3 Likes

Diolch, @dee! So excited to know it’s good…Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait until it’s available here! I so enjoyed the first series :slight_smile:

1 Like

You won’t be disappointed. Every episode is a gem!

1 Like

I may try it again. I really do have problems with believability with the part set on Gower!!! Was it like that for @aran in series set on Pen Llyn?

Don’t watch much tv, I’m afraid… :sunny:

1 Like

Neither do I, but Lan a Lawr is a definite exception.
@henddraig it’s really only the couple that run the caravan park and their relatives that speak Welsh in the Gower parts. They tend to speak English to anyone that comes to book or phones to enquire, so it’s not totally unrealistic to think that a Welsh-speaking couple could have moved to the Gower and bought a caravan park. There must be the odd person in the area that speaks Welsh? And it’s such a brilliant series, it would be a shame if you let that bit hinder you from watching it.

1 Like

I just watched episode 1 (I think) which is being deleted from Clic today!! I found the sudden move from one place on Gower to another which I had some trouble identifying as we tended not to go to very built up parts…confusing… but I quite liked the way the story is going so I’ll watch the rest!! I see there is a new series about lawyers to try out!!
p.s. The real problem is when they show places I really know well. I had a problem with Torchwood when they used The Old Rectory, now let out by the National Trust as a holiday home. They used the outside and then ‘went in’ to someplace else altogether!! (Before blowing the whole place up!!!..well …seeming to!). I was so busy working out how they shot this or that… I clearly was no longer really interested in the story!! In a Dr. Who episode,using Rhossili Bay as an alien planet rather failed for me as well!!

2 Likes