Intermediate couse

I’ve just completed lessons 1-25 of the beginner’s course. South. In fact, I’ve done it a few times and I can now fluently walk to the pub in almost any tense, by my self, with any number of people or with the dog. A fantastic course! Well done SSi Welsh. I think I have done what is termed the ‘old material’ course. Is that right? So now I am eager to start the intermediate South Welsh course. How do I go about getting the material for that and is this the best plan?

Just looking back over this email and thinking how much of it I could say in Welsh. It really is very exciting.

Robert

5 Likes

Whichever course you did, if you can now fluently walk to the pub in almost any tense with any number of people or with the dog…you did great! :slightly_smiling_face:
Congratulations! :clap:

As far as I know, the available courses (that you might or might not see all at the same time, according on your subscription), are:

(Newer)
Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 - South and North Version
Each level has 25 lessons (that you easily recognized cause they’re called Challenges) and 10 Listening Practices.

I can’t tell exactly when beginner level ends and Intermediate starts, but once you finish Level 1, you simply go on with 2 and 3!

(Previous) - South and North versions
Old Course 1, 2 and 3 and separate daily and weekly practices
I don’t know much about it but many people did those - before or after the other ones - and i’m sure you can find someone who knows more about them

2 Likes

Hi @RobertForeman

Sounds like you’ve been busy - well done! Ac yn barod am fwy!

…building on @gisella-albertini ‘s sound advice…you seem self propelled…and could go the ‘self propelled’ route…

This would involve a monthly subscription after Level 1, Challenge 15…but opens up all the material allowing you to move forward at your own pace - through level 2, 3 and advanced content.

Alternatively, if you benefit from some structure - weekly tasks - online chats etc., the six month course guides you through level 1 and 2, week by week, over that period.

So you could whip through level 1 (new course) and just keep on going?! ( level 2, level 3, advanced material).

Alternatively, based on your existing knowledge - and if you live in a Welsh Speaking area - you could just go down the pub and talk to people!

What a fantastic set of options!

Rich :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just started Level 2 today using the old material so that I have continuity. Thanks for your advice. Next time I am in Betws y Coed at the farm where I camp and my Welsh is welcomed, bydda i’n cerdded i’r dafarn a siarad Cymraeg yno.

Diolch,

Robert

3 Likes