I need help with Level 1, Challenge 13

Unfortunately, I am banging my head on the table with challenge 13 and a bit of 12. I can’t get my head around anything especially the tell me stuff. If anyone out there has any tips or advise, I would be extremely great full

1 Like

Hi @caspar-1. Just put Challenge 13 into the search box on here and you’ll see that it’s famous for giving us all an almighty headache. I found 12, 13 and some of 14 hard, but after that it will feel more comfortable again. I also struggled with ‘tell me’ but it’s one of those phrases that’s dotted about in future challenges and you will get used to it. When you meet these brain-scrabbling challenges, just get to the end and move on. You’re doing great to be getting through challenge 13.

4 Likes

I’ve just edited the title of the thread so that people can see what you need support with. That way you’ll probably get others at the same stage to sympathise, and hopefully others further on - like @clare-newbould - who can reassure and encourage you. You’re certainly not alone, but Clare’s advice is spot on.

2 Likes

Oh, Thankyou all. That really has helped

1 Like

Hi, just seen your post and can sympathise. I have recently completed this challenge and the following three and was in despair at ever being able to remember the words. Usually I like to feel really confident before moving on but knew that if I wasn’t careful I would still be stuck so decided to listen to those who have already been through this process and plough on to the next challenge. To my surprise I am now actually remembering some if not all of the constructions and sometimes even say a word without really thinking! Thank you for sharing your worries as it makes others , like me realise we are not alone.

2 Likes

I have found 13 really hard too but I can feel I need to move on even though I’m not as confident as I’d like to be. Otherwise I’ll probably still be on challenge 13 next year!
Really helpful to hear other people’s experience. Diolch

1 Like

I just decided I’d never ever use any of the phrases in Level 1 Challenge 13, so I stopped worrying about not ‘getting’ it. But now having been through Level 3, that challenge 13 from level 1 doesn’t seem quite as impossible. But I have to admit, it still seemed impossible for some months afterwards, initially…but come back to it in 6, 12 or 18 months time and you’ll probably wonder what the fuss was about! (OK, maybe 24 :wink:)

Diolch for all the reassuring comments about level 13 and 14. I feel like I have been on them forever :joy: I have decided from reading the posts to move on and perhaps revisit them in another lifetime!

1 Like