How to help each other win prizes

So delighted to see the ever-cunning Gruntius sharing some of his best stuff in here :star: :star2: :star_struck: :heart:

1 Like

I must have talked to more than 30 people about this, handed at least 20 cards out and stuck some up in the local take-away to only be on 2 referrals so it seems like my “best stuff” just isn’t good enough. :roll_eyes:

I’m amazed at how many people say they want to be able to speak Welsh but don’t want to do a single thing about it.

2 Likes

Don’t forget you’ve been working those streets for years, and have already signed up dozens (hundreds?) of people previously! I have great faith that every conversation gets someone nearer to learning Welsh. Last week, I was at a meeting organised by Merched y Wawr in Llanbrynmair, to support new learners of Welsh. Nia and I talked about Say Something in Welsh, and I handed out leaflets about this offer. A learner doing the 6-month course, Sarah Holtom, introduced herself so well that she earned a round of applause. I’m so confident that her obvious progress will inspire new people to sign up, now or later, that I’m asking @Aran (who after all, has little else to do), to transfer 2 of my sign-ups to Sarah. And that will really open up the race for those lovely prizes!

4 Likes

Bronwen - that is beautiful and kind of you - but can I beg your forgiveness and not? You see, if other people start swapping signups around as well, there is a genuine fighting chance that my brain will melt before the end of the month (yup, actual gibbering in corners material!) - I’m running on fumes at the moment - Catrin will tell you of entire conversations she’s had with me that just haven’t gone in at all because I was trying to get an email to make some sort of sense…

Sorry. I know this sounds a bit ‘oh, poor me’, but what little brains I have are genuinely stretched very, VERY thin at the moment!

Geraint - you’ve done such stunning work over the years - this has been timed badly for you. Pleased don’t start twisting anyone’s arms to the point where you end up in prison!

2 Likes

Double vodka… I just revisited some earlier material today :joy:

1 Like

Sorry - I didn’t mean to add to your stress, and if I was nearer, I’d offer to help. I’ll sort something else out with Sarah.

1 Like

Ping me after the dust has settled, if you think she’s a deserving case, and I’m sure we can figure something out… :slight_smile: