How best to listen to the radio

Podcasts, if not mentioned already, are extraordinarily useful as listening exercises. It’s like listening to the radio with the bonus of being able to rewind if necessary.

The only problem with Welsh podcasts in the States is that they sometimes disappear based on the BBC’s decisions around availability.

Which podcasts do you listen to? I’ve been looking for Welsh podcasts for quite a while, but Pigion is too complicated for me and I haven’t found anything else.
Oh, and the Growth Club conversations are simply wonderful as a listening exercise. Just in case somebody missed the whole thing.

1 Like

I alternate between Beti a’i Phobol and Caryl Parry Jones. They both are about 30-40 minutes on length and focus on one topic per episode…which helps with comprehension.

Recommend anything to start reading?

“Bywyd Blodwen Jones” in the “Nofelau Nawr” series. There are actually 3 books featuring Blodwen Jones. By Bethan Gwenas. They are fun and not too difficult.

1 Like

BBC Cymru Fyw articles. And they have the Vocab button which will translate the words for you, so you don’t have to leave the page.

2 Likes

Thanks. I was not aware of the vocab help.

My first book was “e-ffrindiau” by Lois Arnold, and I am enjoying the magazine Lingo Newydd - you can read what I wrote about them in another post here

1 Like

That looks incredibly useful actually, may give that a go :slight_smile: