House Swap Opportunity - Wales and the Netherlands!

This is a message from Elkie who lives in the Netherlands and would like to spend some time in Wales over the summer. She’s looking for a house swap, if someone fancies a holiday in the Netherlands.

Hi! Elkie here! I am interested in doing I house swop in the summer. I live in the Netherlands and would love to come to Wales.The dates that I would love to be in Wales are 16th-23rd of july and the 13th-27th august. I would be swopping a house in Zaltbommel, an old medieval city built alongside a big river, The Waal.

My house is a 10 minute walk from the historic centre and 7 minutes walk from the station where trains will take you all over the country. Den Bosch is 12 mins by train, Utrecht 35 mins and Amsterdam 70 mins with one change in Utrecht. The house has a double bed and a very good sofa convertible to a single bed downstairs if there might be group of three. It has a garden and is close(5 mins walk) to a supermarket, park, and swimming pool.

Our small town is famous for its fine artists, performing artists and writers. My home is simple, clean and cosy and has excellent WiFi…It is not a luxury villa :slight_smile: I have friendly neighbours. Perfect location in the middle of the Netherlands for whizzing about the whole country :slight_smile:

My partner (Cymro) and I are looking for a place for a quiet retreat. ( we are in our sixties) and will take good care of your property and any cats and houseplants.

We don’t really mind where we are, though we prefer a country location to a big city and would love easy parking if possible.

Let me know if you are interested in considering a house swap: please email me as I am not as competent with the forum as I would like to be :slight_smile:

Elkie’s email disguised to deter bots and spammers is: elkienvsee [AT] gmail.com

1 Like

Hi Elkie
We are interested in your plans. We have to check out the dates with our grown up children but will get back to you on that.

We live in a well lived-in house in Llansteffan - a small village at the mouth of the River Towy estuary just south of Carmarthen.

There are plenty of opportunities to speak Welsh locally as well as English. You will hear Welsh spoken as a first language quite commonly.

The village also has the ruins of a Norman Castle on a nearby headland. The county is very rural - mainly dairy . Buses and trains are not brilliant but there is a fair bus service to the local county town of Carmarthen .

Let us know what you think

All the best
Chris

Silly of me - I forgot to say that the village is in south west Wales. Getting here from London is fairly easy by train or coach then local bus or taxi